hey everyone
before you say anything ive read most of the stickied topics, and its alot of information to grasp at one time, but i got a vague idea of everything

well im trying to record
my guitar into my computer.

Things i have tried

* connecting guitar using 1'8 cable to 1'4 then directly connecting to sound card, recording using audacity.
*Doing the same above, but using a floor pod plus, which has amp models and cabinets, i still get a muddy sound when recording.
^ that sounded bad.

ive fiddled with the settings for hours, and ive tried alot
and have spent many hours researching, but i cant find the right rig.

my current Gear
*Guitar
Ibanez rg 120

Epiphone sg-400

*Amp
Yamaha Fifty 410- 50 Watt

*effect pedal
Boss-Metal Zone Mt2

idk if it was necessars posting my gear, but just did it anyways

ive heard about things like stealth plug, which is a usb interface that connects to your comptuer, but have heard the quality isnt the greatest.

basically my intention is to record youtube videos.
ive used my webcam, and its built in mic to record, but the sound comes out horrible
ive tried many things and its very frustrating.

my budget is around 150$

thank you in advance for any help.
your truly,
a confused musician
Last edited by mex_rap at Jan 10, 2009,
You need a usb or firewire interface. You could go with the pod studio ux1. Good quality, low price.

The input on the computer simply isn't good enough to make good quality recordings.
Try to use some effect like remove hiss or hum . I'm recording my gutar whit Adobe Soundbooth and its Ok .
Quote by anubiz03
You need a usb or firewire interface. You could go with the pod studio ux1. Good quality, low price.

The input on the computer simply isn't good enough to make good quality recordings.

okay thnx for the reply, ill definitely check it out in a bit.
Quote by Ic3
Try to use some effect like remove hiss or hum . I'm recording my gutar whit Adobe Soundbooth and its Ok .

alright.
what kind of set up are you using?
more specifically how is your guitar connected to your computer.
My gutar is connected to the multi-efect then trou standard cable and 1'4 to 1'8 modul or what it's called to my sound card .

And try some other programs for recordin like Kristal
http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/

You also could check out sound setings and turn off the mic bost
Quote by Ic3
My gutar is connected to the multi-efect then trou standard cable and 1'4 to 1'8 modul or what it's called to my sound card .

And try some other programs for recordin like Kristal
http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/

You also could check out sound setings and turn off the mic bost

does your multi effect happen to have built in amp models, and cabs in it?

okay thanks dude appreciate it.
ill check it out tommorrow morning, parents sleeping dont wanna disturb them.lol
yes it has amp simulations but like 4 i think
The efect is Zoom G1
Quote by Ic3
yes it has amp simulations but like 4 i think
The efect is Zoom G1

oh okay
i know that effect pedal.

but do you use the amp simulation, when recording on ur pc with krystal or Adobe sound booth?
Last edited by mex_rap at Jan 10, 2009,
No i dont usally i use a noise removing effect instead or nothing .
Quote by Ic3
No i dont usally i use a noise removing effect instead or nothing .

oh okay cool
would you happen to have any youtube videos
or sound clips recorded by you?

just curious of the quality.
if you dont thats fine
Sry i dont becaus I'm pretty new and not really good in gutar playing
Quote by Ic3
No he used kristal or Avdacyti but yes pretty mcuhmxing table
thats a mixtable but not shure if thats a reall name
http://api.ning.com/files/8U7R6t8e0o9XHjitvbLRffP0*lBIl7KNf2MCxDA-2lI_/3964393.jpeg

yeah those are called mixers.

looks complicated X_X
and maybe expensive, ill try your method in the morning.
thnx for the help and information

Still open to any more suggestion
mixers whell they re like 50€ same as usb recorder

and for the first try to record clean gutar
Quote by mex_rap
hey everyone
before you say anything ive read most of the stickied topics, and its alot of information to grasp at one time, but i got a vague idea of everything

well im trying to record
my guitar into my computer.

Things i have tried

* connecting guitar using 1'8 cable to 1'4 then directly connecting to sound card, recording using audacity.
*Doing the same above, but using a floor pod plus, which has amp models and cabinets, i still get a muddy sound when recording.
^ that sounded bad.

ive fiddled with the settings for hours, and ive tried alot
and have spent many hours researching, but i cant find the right rig.

[snip]

ive heard about things like stealth plug, which is a usb interface that connects to your comptuer, but have heard the quality isnt the greatest.

basically my intention is to record youtube videos.
ive used my webcam, and its built in mic to record, but the sound comes out horrible
ive tried many things and its very frustrating.

my budget is around 150$

thank you in advance for any help.
your truly,
a confused musician

I suggest an EMU 0202 audio interface. It's fairly low in price and works very well. If you can, get a Shure SM57 mic to use with it. This will let you mic your cab which sounds better most of the time....and is a must have if your amp doesn't have any record out.

The Line6 Toneports are not all that great and I suggest staying away from them TBH...

To record a video you may want to check my youtube page as I have a set of videos under "Better Audio For Your Videos".

You will want to capture audio with the interface and video with the webcam. Sometimes the computer wont allow two programs to work at the same time and so if that's the case, a video camera with on board storage may be a good thing to invest in.
Last edited by moody07747 at Jan 10, 2009,