whats a good brand and gage for a guitarist that wants a metal sound in the strings, wants to be able to pull of pinch harmonics easily and will be playing drop d and drop c..... does anyone have a brand and gage for this????
Something real fat. Zakk Wylde Boomers or something I think they're called are alright
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
I use D'Addario 11s. For me, the string gauge is great for playing metal in standard, drop d and drop c tuning. They also last pretty long.
Quote by djmcsheehy
but are those good for pinch harmonics?

The strings you aim at should oppose no problem in order to do pinch harmonics. The key is to practice pinch harmonics, the gauge you would have problem with is Niles, they are using 18's I believe. With 11's, you can go down to drop C, but beyond it, I doubt
Seriously, Dean Markley's Mistfits Skullbusters. I've used them in Drop C and it sounded wonerful. Try a set out.

I've gone thru so many differents brands of strings to find the right ones. I've settled on D'Addario Regular Light for standard and Drop D and the Skullbusters for everything below that.
Quote by deadkenedy
Something real fat. Zakk Wylde Boomers or something I think they're called are alright

I believe the Zakk Wylde's are made by Dunlop.
Quote by GymboJones
I believe the Zakk Wylde's are made by Dunlop.

yes they are. I believe he has a GHS set also. Don't quote me on that lol.
i use C# and i find 11-50's to be nice N beefy,
try those,
also, Dunlops last the longest i find.
Light top heavy bottoms might do it for drop tunings if you don't want the higher strings to be beastly.