I spent quite a long time trying to get my guitar to sound like it does in this recording... done on a Les Paul.

On my UG profile.

Hope you like it =D thanks for listening!
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
I thought it was good, but it could be much much better. Although I'm also a big U2 fan, so I'm gonna be especially picky sorry. The keyboard chords ended to quickly, and there was a big space of silence when you were switching chords which made it sound very choppy. Maybe try and find another keyboard setting that holds the notes longer after you take your hands off? Also the guitar tone was a bit too distorted, which covered up the riff and made it sound muddy (plus you're just never going to get the right tone for this song out of a les paul as it was recorded with a strat). There also might have been a bit too much delay or the setting was slightly off because the notes seem slightly chaotic and off beat.

Overall it was good, and sorry for being so picky but as I said I am a big U2 fan and the Edge is pretty much my idol, so it just has to be perfect.
Quote by samick007
I thought it was good, but it could be much much better. Although I'm also a big U2 fan, so I'm gonna be especially picky sorry. The keyboard chords ended to quickly, and there was a big space of silence when you were switching chords which made it sound very choppy. Maybe try and find another keyboard setting that holds the notes longer after you take your hands off? Also the guitar tone was a bit too distorted, which covered up the riff and made it sound muddy (plus you're just never going to get the right tone for this song out of a les paul as it was recorded with a strat). There also might have been a bit too much delay or the setting was slightly off because the notes seem slightly chaotic and off beat.

Overall it was good, and sorry for being so picky but as I said I am a big U2 fan and the Edge is pretty much my idol, so it just has to be perfect.

Well for starters, I didn't use a keyboard. That was my les paul. I turned down my tone about 1/3 of the way, turned on some reverb and some slight delay, but that's not what gave it it's ambiance. I strummed the chords with the volume off, and very carefully rolled it up to full without getting an uneven swell, then rolled it back down; the chord held a little sustain from the reverb but not enough for me.

After I recorded it I put through a spacial stereo delay model at the time of one second, with only one repeat, which made gave a stereo echo effect and made the sustain sound utterly perfect to me.

And to be frank I wasn't going for a copy of The Edge. Thanks for the constructive crit, I know it's not on a perfect beat structure like the song... but I believe that adds to the ambiance. =)
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison