Am debating which one is a better one to get. Am reading a lot about how MIM are comparible to the MIA. Am not thinking about resale value, this will be my first telecaster and want to get a feel for them. Problem is I am living abroad, so difficult to test them out, in Moscow its hard to find a good guitar store. Any input will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I think what makes them different is the feel and somewhat the sound because of better quality parts and build. I own an american strat and the feel of the neck is simply put the most smooth neck I ever played. It feels great in anyway. When I play other guitars, including other strats and teles I compare the feel of them and nothing ever comes close to my guitar. I almost feel like I'm going to cut myself on either the strings or the frets on other guitars just because they aren't as smooth.

To me, what separates americans from other mexican or japan made fenders is the feel. But if your still quite new to guitar you won't be as picky as me
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
I have no personal experience with this, but my brother owned a MIM strat, sold it and got an MIA strat. He told me that the build qualtiy, playabilty, feel and sound of the MIM could not in any way shape or form, compare to the MIA.
Quote by backtothe70s
I think what makes them different is the feel and somewhat the sound because of better quality parts and build. I own an american strat and the feel of the neck is simply put the most smooth neck I ever played.

I'd agree with that - the difference in quality and feel is the difference. Just just need to try them to see, but if you're after a first then MIM isn't a bad way to go.
I love my MIM tele, and its the best sounding one I've played since I got it. I'd say, which ever one you get, you'll like it no matter what if you play it enough.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
first guitar, MIM good. i have a MIM tele and i LOVE it. i gig 2-5 nights a week and it holds up strong. ive replaced the pickups with some fender custom shop ones, so tone wise, its on part or better than your average MIA. mine is an ash body instead of alder like most of them, and no veneer, its solid 3 piece. our other guitarist has a 96 HSS MIA strat, and his does feel and play better. i cant lie. i love mine, but there is a quality difference. 6-8 months ago i couldnt tell too much, now i can. decide how much you want to invest and how much your going to play. if its alot, and alot, get a new MIA. if not, look for a used MIA or get a new MIM. you wont be disapointed