Hi all, sorry if this is in the wrong place. Im looking for a 6 string acoustic guitar and I have a budget of £100. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks
What are you looking for? Steel-string, nylon-string? What kind of sound do you want, trebly or more bass?
I'm not an expert, but other people that are will probably want to know
Check the 'Best guitars under $300" thread stickied at the top of the forum.
Hi GetMad, Im looking for a steel stringed acoustic and Im not sure about the sound. Thanks
I bought a Yamaha F310 steel string acoustic, you can get it for about £80-£100 ish and you cant really go wrong with it.
Quote by Hypnotisation
Raise your budget a little, maybe double it. It'll be worth it in the long run!

What he said. If you only spend 100, it'll be gone in a few years. If you spend more, it could last a very long time, and it'll sound better anyway.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by jez5758
Hi GetMad, Im looking for a steel stringed acoustic and Im not sure about the sound. Thanks

Well what kind of music do you want to play?

And what people say about raising the budget is true, but it depends on how long you've been playing, and how much heart you have for playing guitar.
'Cause if there's a chance you'll play less or not play at all anymore, the investment won't be worth it..
So you'll have to think for yourself if you find buying a really good guitar worth it, or if you just want to play and improve on a low-budget guitar first.
Quote by GetMad
Well what kind of music do you want to play?

And what people say about raising the budget is true, but it depends on how long you've been playing, and how much heart you have for playing guitar.
'Cause if there's a chance you'll play less or not play at all anymore, the investment won't be worth it..
So you'll have to think for yourself if you find buying a really good guitar worth it, or if you just want to play and improve on a low-budget guitar first.

Even with a doubled budget his options would still be low budget guitars. Spending £100 will limit options greatly.

I'd recommend doubling the budget and having a look at the 'what guitar under 300 dollars' thread, you really can't go wrong with any of the guitars in there and should you continue to play you will be very happy with your purchase, I purchased such a guitar and after nearly 8 years I don't regret paying a little extra. Even if you were to stop playing the resale value on it should be decent, more so than if you were to purchase a £100 guitar.
^^ Yeah, i'd say a budget of around £200 would do quite fairly. You could probably get a free (hard)case thrown in if you're lucky and have the charms.
Thanks to everyone who has posted, I can stretch my budget to £210. Its highly unlikely that i will stop playing guitar as it takes up a lot of my time and i enjoy playing. I want to play a variety of music, but I would say jazz is my main intention. Ive had a good search on the internet over the past few days, does anyone have any knowledge on tanglewoods? Ive come to the decision also that I would prefer to have an electro acoustic. Thanks for all your help
Last edited by jez5758 at Jan 12, 2009,
Well I myself am currently looking at buying a Tanglewood, it's the TW145SC.
I really liked the feel of the guitar when I played it, but I'm still wanting to compare it to other guitars of the same price-range.
Everything I've read about Tanglewoods so far has been positive though.
Thanks I managed to play on a friend's Tanglewood and I also liked the way it played. I went into my local music shop and had a look around too. In the end ive gone for a Tanglewood electro acoustic TW28-CE-SN. Thanks to everyone who has given advice, its saved me from a lot of hassle!
hi again, i got a call from the shop and apparently its been discontinued and tanglewood are bringing out the evolution series for £229. They have offered to sell me the new version for the split price of the two (£30). Does anyone know about this new range? Could someone advise me if it is worth it? Thanks a lot guys, i really appreciate it.
Well I've also played a couple of Tanglewood's from the Evolution serie, and they seemed nice to me aswell..
But I don't own one, so I can't really say if they'll be worth it eventually, but they do play nice (imo)
Thanks GetMad for all your advice, I have decided to go with the evolution and it should arrive next week Ill let you know how it works out. Cheers