Hi
I just received my marshall jvm 205C. There's only one problem : the loudspeaker wasn't connected to the amp and i got no idea of the output i'm supposed to plug in it ? Is it 8ohm or 16ohm?
Well that depends, what is the impedance of the speaker? (I'd grab a multimeter and measure it)

I take it that the speaker isn't hardwired to the amp?
Well that depends, what is the impedance of the speaker? (I'd grab a multimeter and measure it)

That's precisely what i wanna know
What do you mean by hard wired ? It's a combo but the loudspeakers weren't connected to the power amp.
The speakers are celestion V30 and heritage.
I suppose it's 16ohm because this one is : http://www.thomann.de/fr/marshall_tslc212_gitarrenbox.htm
But i'd like to make sure.
Last edited by gmparadise at Jan 10, 2009,
ask marshall, or some music store to do the calculations
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
If it's like the 410C, then it has two speakers (Vintage and Heritage), and the jack goes into the single 16ohm jack. There should be 5 total jacks if it's like the 410C.
If you have the combo with just one speaker, peek inside and it will say 8 or 16ohms. Plug into the right one.
Any other detailed questions about the JVM series, look at jvmforum.com Those guys know everything, and the designer of the amp posts there as well.