Maple
57 56%
Rosewood
32 32%
Other (Please specify =])
12 12%
Voters: 101.
Page 1 of 2
Used the searchbar, no results, so it's time..

Do you prefer a maple or rosewood fretboard?

Just interested to see what the Bass forum thinks

I <3 Maple, it's just different less common
USA Fender Precision w/ Badass III + SD 1/4 pounders
MIM Fender Jazz
T21 SansAmp VT Bass
Gallien Krueger MB212
Last edited by Flaming Bass at Jan 10, 2009,
Ebony ftmfw!
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I prefer things like Musicman stingrays and precisions with maples, but my jazz, sterlings and corts i prefer rosewood on them. I guess i like them both.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple max prefers rosewood and is so wrong maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I like the feel of maple. If I had one I'd be worrying about the strings chewing it up though: does anyone own one and is this a problem? I've seen it on alot of old fender (guitars - not basses) where the top few frets are kind of grey coloured under the strings.
Quote by chernk
Maple and black block inlays, ala Geddy Lee. oh yeah.

Hell yeah!
I clicked rosewood by accident, but maple is so much nicer
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
probably rosewood on lighter colors and red, but on darker colors and sunbursts I prefer maple. although on some of those dark colors I like rosewood, so I put rosewood
I Like Green!
I'm waiting for the new MIM Fender Bass to come out with the maples. I'm going for the Precision in the Lake Placid Blue or Candy Red.
Fender Geddy Lee, Precision (MIA), Fender Standard Jazz, Ibanez SR700, GK MB210 combo, GK 210MBE
i like the tone of maple but the feel of rosewood.

myy favourite is ebony, but they are rare.
I like both...

Love the clarity of the Maple... But I also dig the fullness of the Rosewood.

But, I'd been craving Maple for aaagggeeessss

after I got my Jaguar.

I go through phases of Maple<Rosewood, or Rosewood<Maple.

I need both to be satisfied.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
Maple for sure
"Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams, telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems"
Maple. I actually prefer pau ferro over rosewood. I used to love rosewood but its a bit of a pain to maintain in a drier climate.
ebony first, then purpleheart, then wenge, then maple.

Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Pau Ferro owns all. It's got a great growl, and it looks f***ing amazing!
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by Flaming Bass
Used the searchbar, no results, so it's time..

Its a sad time we're in when we must protect ourselves from the searchbar nazis in this way

EDIT; to be on topic, I used to only like rosewood, or ebony. But I'm after a maple neck next. I love the way they age
Last edited by shoolocomous at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by jimRH7
I like the feel of maple. If I had one I'd be worrying about the strings chewing it up though: does anyone own one and is this a problem? I've seen it on alot of old fender (guitars - not basses) where the top few frets are kind of grey coloured under the strings.

I actively seek this! If anyone has any advice as to what maple finishes will age this way and which won't, I'd appreciate that info!
Rosewood for me, I like the feel quite a bit more. Maple isn't very comfortable for me.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I own 2 maple necked Fenders and 0 rosewoods - I much prefer the look, feel, and snap of maple fingerboards.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I like the look of maple, but rosewood feels and sounds so much better to me.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Quote by skater dan0
maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple max prefers rosewood and is so wrong maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple maple

Subtly done .

You have an unhealthy obsession with maple though.

My next bass may just be a maple necked jazz so I'm putting this small so you may not see it and I don't have to directly admit to it.

Uh-oh.... MOD EDIT!!!!

MY NEXT BASS MAY JUST BE A MAPLE NECKED JAZZ. I TRIED TO PUT THIS SMALL, BUT NOOOOO! MODNESS HAD TO UNCOVER SUCH BLASPHEMY.

I AM BORIS JOHNSON!
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by 2112pk
i dont like maple, it's too close to the color of a penis D:

hahahahaha nicely put XD
Macassar Ebony, Wenge. Hate the feel and tone of Rosewood in most cases, and the tone and colour of maple in most cases.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
I prefer maple both in terms of looks and playability.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Ben, .

I'll get rid of those bendy buses asap though.
Quote by Bumper

Because you're the one who calls me Boris . I thought I was being subtle too, but you had to go shout out my embarrassing confession.

Stupid mod powers.
Quote by Bumper

Page 1 of 2