Pickin up my JSX today. I got it for £650, which is £100 less than I intended. So I have £100 left over. I want the best sound I can get, so what can I use this £100 for ehh?
Gear:
Peavey JSX Head
Ibanez PGM301
Randall R212CB

Simple.
An MXR 10 band EQ or a Maxon OD808.

Where'd you manage to pick it up for £650? Good deal.
Last edited by Horlicks at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by Horlicks
An MXR 10 band EQ or a Maxon OD808.

Where'd you manage to pick it up for £650? Good deal.

Haha, this guy put it up on eBay starting at £750. And I sent him a message saying "You won't get much for that, you can buy it new from GAK for £100 including a guarantee" etc. He took a bit of convincing to let me have it for 650 but who cares I got it in the end!
Gear:
Peavey JSX Head
Ibanez PGM301
Randall R212CB

Simple.
if you use a lot of high gain, a decimator wouldn't be a bad idea (though maybe the jsx has a built-in noise gate? i can't remember).

upgrading your cables would be a good idea, too, depending on what cables you already have. i like cleartones, they're great value and very nice cables indeed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?