Hey guys I am having trouble deciding between 2 delay pedals. The boss DD-3 and the ibanez DE7 they are both around the same price and i need some help deciding any help guys?
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics? I can tell if someone has AIDS just by looking.

Quote by xHuffyx
BTW, what's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell.
Neither?
Although I'd go with the Boss, since the Ibanez seems so terribly built.
Quote by Horlicks
I'd go with the Boss, since the Ibanez seems so terribly built.

what do you base that on?
threadstarter, whats your budget and what playing styles/uses do you want a delay pedal for?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
yer i no its a ****ty choice but the budget restricts that....
Quote by Ichimaru

Quote by xHuffyx

Dimebag Darrell.
Ummm budget of about £100 to open up the sound a lil think my curse intro or certain paramore songs that kinda sound
Quote by Ichimaru

Quote by xHuffyx

Dimebag Darrell.
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
what do you base that on?
threadstarter, whats your budget and what playing styles/uses do you want a delay pedal for?

The fact that it's made out of cheap plastic, wheras the Boss is metal.

I'd recommend the EHX #1, provided you don't need the versatility.
Last edited by Horlicks at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by Horlicks

i have 2 ibanez 7-series pedals and both are reliable for me. plastic or metal, they're sturdy and i'd gig without a backup.
for that price you may well be able to get a (used?) mxr carbon copy or digitech hardwire delay
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
^ What he said. TS, I have the DE-7 and it's pretty nice. It has a digital setting, and an 'echo' setting which is supposed to emulate analogue - and it does so quite nicely.
At the risk of stiring up a hornets nest. I have a Behringer DD400 and its really really good. Behringer is notoriously unreliable so I may have gotten lucky and gotten a sturdy one cause It's worked like a dream since the day I got it.

I've tried and regretted other crappy behringer products, and generally won't touch them for quids, but this delay pedal has been really good.

(Flame Shields Activated )
The DE-7 should be much cheaper than a DD-3. I prefer the DE-7, much warmer sounding. The time shifting sounds much better as well. You shouldn't have a problem with reliability unless you're literally stomping your bypass switch.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
i have 2 ibanez 7-series pedals and both are reliable for me. plastic or metal, they're sturdy and i'd gig without a backup.
for that price you may well be able to get a (used?) mxr carbon copy or digitech hardwire delay

+1 for the mxr carbon copy
the ibanez makes a popping or clicking noise when you turn it on sometimes. i dunno. do you want youre delay to be an exact copy of what you played or almost exact. that's like the difference between analog and digital. analog is a bit more echo-y, while digital is the eact same thing you just played.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I suppose the first ten seconds of this are close to what I'm looking for http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TludIZgUo1E

cheers for the help so far guys
Quote by Ichimaru

Quote by xHuffyx

Dimebag Darrell.
I second/third/whatever the Carbon Copy
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Horlicks

I have the #1Echo, it's pretty good but only if you're looking for a clean exact delay.

FWIW all the Gilmour fans including Bjorn say the DE-7 is great and for the price I would go with that. Build quality aside, it'll probably have a more warm/ old delay sound. The EHX just seems sterile and cold half the time.
It's still a great delay but your gonna have to pick em according to what you want to use them for.

Edit: Yeah I agree with the others, if you can save for the Carbon Copy get that.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Jan 10, 2009,
Cool cheers guys after hearing a few online demos i think i might try to get a carbon copy
Quote by Ichimaru

Quote by xHuffyx

Dimebag Darrell.
I love my carbon copy. I think a digital delay and a line 6 dl-4 and I'd actually be content with delays (which is a shocker, cuz I'm close to being called a delay *****). The CC can do short reverb stuff, epic cello-esque swelling, warm Gilmour-ish delay a la any of his solos that utilize his delay (best selling point for me since Gilmour's possibly my favorite guitarist), and shorter rhythmic stuff a la The Edge.
carbon copy all the way. you'll be glad you waited, trust me
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
analog: ehx +1 echo, carbon copy
digital: boss dd-7 all the way
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
DE7. Trust me, you won't regret it.
Quote by starsnostars
Quote by joe124
I heart god speed you! black emporer

not enough to spell their name right.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

TREMOLO PICKING CRESCENDO CZAR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣