I want to get a multi-fx box. my budget is $200 or less. i would like something you can operate with your feet. ive been looking at the floor pod and the digitech rp250.

i have the crate v18, my only complaint is that the over drive sound a bit "buzzy." think "Spirit In The Sky - Norman Greenbaum" (remember the titans).

i play on a church worship team, amp is mic'd and im about 2' in front of it. our sound man complains about the mic'ing because of it picking up some of the horns. the line out on the amp isnt a strong enough signal even with the gain cranked on the mixer. probably because of volume level of my amp, remember im only 2' in front of it. thats why im thinking a multi-fx box, line out into the PA, and the amp will be my 'monitor'. im not against any ONE particular stomp box, but im not sure the sound im looking for yet.

any advice is appreciated! thanks!
My Rig

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Honey Burst
Fender MIM Stratocaster Ash Natural
Crate v18 2x12
Eleven Rack
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret
BBE Sonic Stomp
BMP with Tone Wicker
Dunlop Cry Baby
the floor pod is like a line 6 spider in a pedal lol
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
the floor pod is like a line 6 spider in a pedal lol

Except no it isn't.
It sounds decent enough, but at the end of the day, it's just another sub-standard multi-effect unit.
Quote by Horlicks
Except no it isn't.
It sounds decent enough, but at the end of the day, it's just another sub-standard multi-effect unit.

I've owned it and it sounds like my mates spider.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by Horlicks
Except no it isn't.

I'm going to have to agree with this. I've now got two multi-effects, and neither one of them is quite up to par with what I was looking for. I now have just resigned myself to just get single pedals to run through the FX Loop. Really, all I need is a delay, chorus and maybe tremelo/univibe and an OD in the front end. Voila!

The only real good experience I've had with a multi-effects was the Korg AX1000G, but I haven't found one anywhere that was close by or anything. That'd be my advise, as I got a pretty good sound out of it, but that was about two or three years ago, so my taste and tones have changed since then. It may be worth a look though, I beleive the Korg AX3000G is out now and would probably be alot better than the one I had. If you can try a few out and see which one really stands out for you.
Save another $100 and get an RP500.
The addition of the pedal board mode allows much more flexibility. You can preset a pedalboard and turn individual effects on and off as needed. It is also built like a tank.
Quote by suffersystem
I'm going to have to agree with this. I've now got two multi-effects, and neither one of them is quite up to par with what I was looking for. I now have just resigned myself to just get single pedals to run through the FX Loop. Really, all I need is a delay, chorus and maybe tremelo/univibe and an OD in the front end. Voila!

The only real good experience I've had with a multi-effects was the Korg AX1000G, but I haven't found one anywhere that was close by or anything. That'd be my advise, as I got a pretty good sound out of it, but that was about two or three years ago, so my taste and tones have changed since then. It may be worth a look though, I beleive the Korg AX3000G is out now and would probably be alot better than the one I had. If you can try a few out and see which one really stands out for you.

Is the AX1000G a floor system? Do you have any experience with the pandora pd4d?
My Rig

Crate v18 2x12
Eleven Rack
BBE Sonic Stomp
BMP with Tone Wicker
Dunlop Cry Baby
No experience with the Pandora.

Yeah, the AX1000G is a floor based pedal, which you might find on ebay or something for cheap, although the AX3000G isn't too expensive I think. Personally I liked the tones and effects I got with it much better than Zoom, Boss, or Line 6, but that was just me. Great delays and chorus's and such. I'm really not sure why more people haven't got into them. I was able to get some pretty good clean and heavy tones out of it from what I remember.
lol, i saw you had some nice stuff for sale! thanks!
My Rig

Crate v18 2x12
Eleven Rack
BBE Sonic Stomp
BMP with Tone Wicker
Dunlop Cry Baby
No problem, I am really just selling everything to get another Les Paul. I have traded and sold a bunch of guitars tryign to find what really suited me best and have come to the decision that I really am a Les Paul fan, so therfore I need another one for alternate tunings to go along with the standard tuned one I have.