well after the short-lived but pretty sweet run of the crate v-series before discontinuation (is that a word?), i was browsing musicians friend today when i noticed this
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Palomino-V50-30w-1x12-Combo-Amp?sku=480989
now it does say that it's clearance so it might be from old stock?
or are they (maybe) bringing the palominos back to replace the crate v-series?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
I haven't heard anything about bringing them back but we've been surprised before. I thought they were moving all production to the Blackheart line but it would be cool if they kept this one going. I have a feeling there were stock-piled somewhere and MF bought them up.

Sweet price. Maybe someone can get some actual inventory info.
it says "clearance" right next to the pic of the amp. they're just getting rid of excess stock
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Yeah. And Blackheart is just a division of Crate that makes amps good enough to put the parent company out of business if Blackheart was its own company. So they aren't replacing the V-Series with the Blackhearts.

It really is a shame that they discontinued the V Series amps though. They were making Crate look respectable.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
^agreed.

But if they phase out the Crates and sell only the Blackhearts for the $200 - $600 tube amp range isn't that the same thing as what I said?

When I say 'move production' I mean focus RnD, supplies, OEMs, patents, budgets, employees, warehousing - whatever away from the V series and toward the Blackheart series.

From a focus perspective. Maybe I've got that all wrong.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Maybe I've got that all wrong.

No I think you were right about it being old stock. Just selling off the last of it. Good price but isn't it interesting that it's still $100 more than the Crate V50 is and the Pal is on "clearance".

They never should have abandoned the VC for the Pal and the Pal for the V and the, shlt I just went crosseyed.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I found the same thing, and got a bit excited cause I tried (and loved) a Pal halfstack (the v32 i think). unfortunately, the palominos are single-channel amps, and I'd kinda like 2 channels.

Hopefully, they come out with something even BETTER that has 2 channels.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by BD 425
I found the same thing, and got a bit excited cause I tried (and loved) a Pal halfstack (the v32 i think). unfortunately, the palominos are single-channel amps, and I'd kinda like 2 channels.

Hopefully, they come out with something even BETTER that has 2 channels.

That PAL V50 has 2 channels, or so the add says...
Quote by Natrone
Yeah. And Blackheart is just a division of Crate that makes amps good enough to put the parent company out of business if Blackheart was its own company. So they aren't replacing the V-Series with the Blackhearts.

It really is a shame that they discontinued the V Series amps though. They were making Crate look respectable.

I disagree. Crate has had some great amps in the past, like the Stealth, the VC's, the GX130C's and the GT3500H's. IMO, people base too much of Crate's rep on the Flexwave. That's like basing Fender's rep on the Frontman.

The V series are great amps, and Blackheart is just the name of that specific line, still owned by Crate. Like Behringer and Bugera.
Quote by gregs1020
That PAL V50 has 2 channels, or so the add says...

Lol, I forgot I had read that. I was really out of it last night.

...Whats the gain sound like on these?
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by BD 425

What are you trying to play on it? The br00tz? It won't do it.
Quote by BD 425
Lol, I forgot I had read that. I was really out of it last night.

Hard rock, think ZZ Top.
I think Billy Gibbons actually uses the Crate V50, so yeah.

low left corner
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Last edited by Exo M7 at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by imgooley
What are you trying to play on it? The br00tz? It won't do it.

Lol, absolutely not. I play classic rock and some modern stuff like Foo Fighters and a bit of Rage, which is the heaviest I'll go. I don't really learn much other music though... I prefer to write my own stuff, or learn a cool riff in a song and just see where it takes me. example: I learned the main riff to Satch Boogie the other day. I have no intentions of learning the rest of the song, I just learned it for inspiration.
Quote by Exo M7
I think Billy Gibbons actually uses the Crate V50, so yeah.

That's why I chose them, I gotta be right once in a while.
The Palomino's being sold are excess stock that they are trying to get rid of. The Palomino v50 runs el34's in the power amp where as the Crate v50 runs 6l6's. The Palomino is indeed a two channel amp, it has independent eq and reverb controls for each channel. The gain goes from a nice light blues break up to fairly heavy, think classic 70's metal. It can also pull of some nice GNR tones. One think I have noticed is that as you crank up the gain, the overdrive starts to get a tad muddy until you also increase the level control. I have found that using my Digitech Screamin' blues OD pedal helps bring out a lot of character in the amp. I am a big fan of the presence control as it can help tame down the brightness of strats and add some punch to a les paul. I have even run my acoustic through it with a nice sound. The reverb is very nice, but when you use too much of it it muddies up the gain, and can be a little shrill, but rolling back on the tone knob takes care of this. It is a tone machine, and very loud. I have yet to turn it up past 4. I would say that the clean channel is excellent, not quite a fender shimmer but I would say that it is more voxish. Overall it is a great amp, and at the price it can't be beat.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}