Page 1 of 2
have u ever smashed your guitar at a gig?..any gig...ive never done it...so i thought

hell..why not i take a really really old one and smashed it to ****s when my gigs over!!
It's just a waste. It has to be the guitar you're playing, so you'll want to play a good quality guitar. Why would you want to smash a good guitar?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
If it's really really old, it's probably worth even more then a brand new Walmart or something guitar..
For it to be up to the level intensity you want, you need to make sure the audience knows who you are. There's nothing worse than a no-name opening band smashing their guitar for the finale of their 3-song set, because no one gives a ****. If you're a moderately popular band in your area, go for it.

And make sure you smash the guitar. I've seen bands not be able to break them before and it's pathetic and takes all the attention off of your set and how you've played.
When Muse first started when they were young they had a battle of the bands.
They basically won it because of their "rock" attitude, trashing guitars after their performance and knocking down the drum kit.

Should be noted that the instruments belonged to the venue, not them
But it got them rich so now they can trash whatever they like on stage and not care.
Children in the world are starving and many people own nothing, not even a roof over their head or a rag on their back. It's a waste of resources, a starving Ethiopian could've had that guitar.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by valdean
No, because I think it's stupid.

This
Quote by CTFOD
It's just a waste. It has to be the guitar you're playing, so you'll want to play a good quality guitar. Why would you want to smash a good guitar?

This
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
No, because I look after my things.

And this.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by Gaz_m2k5
When Muse first started when they were young they had a battle of the bands.
They basically won it because of their "rock" attitude, trashing guitars after their performance and knocking down the drum kit.

Should be noted that the instruments belonged to the venue, not them
But it got them rich so now they can trash whatever they like on stage and not care.

doubt he'd smash his guitars now. they're all custom made by manson specifically for him.

instead he just 'dances' around going mental...

still damn cool.
Unless you're name is Pete Townshend and you're in The Who, NO.

No one can do it like he did.
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Children in the world are starving and many people own nothing, not even a roof over their head or a rag on their back. It's a waste of resources, a starving Ethiopian could've had that guitar.

okok chill..lol...just wanted to see if anybody had smashed theirs before..
People will only say to you "Hey you totally copied the guitarist from *band name here*, you're a BIG FAT PHONY!"

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by valdean
No, because I think it's stupid.

This. I never understood why it was ever done.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by cube30
okok chill..lol...just wanted to see if anybody had smashed theirs before..

Don't worry, was just joshing

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Venice King
This. I never understood why it was ever done.

+ 1

It's pointless smashing to pieces anything that you've had to pay money for, just a waste
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Quote by Zero-Hartman

No! Not Starvin' Marvin!
Luck
Our Savior

Quote by burnboy85
where do snails get their shells, anyway?
Quote by crazy8rgood
They make them while they grow. They secrete the substance, I believe.
Quote by Gunpowder
THAT IS SO NEAT

tee hee i changed the shit out of my color scheme
No. You can only smash your guitar if you can afford to replace it, and if the feeling is right. Like if I'm ever famous and do a totally awesome solo or something and the last song is really powerful, I'll be sure to throw my guitar at then drums or the ground. Also, it prevents encores.
I wouldn't smash my guitars. Not even if I was famous to the point where I could do it on a daily basis. A Guitar is like a peice of art... why burn a painting?
Last edited by Hadi The Ghost at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by Lespauljames
i wanna set fire to my guitar whilst playing a solo. i would burn, but man it would be cool.

this would be fun....
Gibson Faded SG

Line 6 spider III 75 watt
Quote by Hadi The Ghost
I wouldn't smash my guitars. Not even if I could famous to the point where I could do it on a daily basis. A Guitar is like a peice of art... why burn a painting?

Performance art.
i would never trash my guitar......i would throw it into the crowd

fans will LOVE me

i get honored by them.....a lucky piece of sh*t gets a new guitar

win win
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Quote by Hadi The Ghost
I wouldn't smash my guitars. Not even if I could famous to the point where I could do it on a daily basis. A Guitar is like a peice of art... why burn a painting?

Because Rembrandt is shit.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

You cant eat a guitar silly.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by Ktool The Girth
You cant eat a guitar silly.

I know, Hendrix tried and failed miserably

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Come on man, that's actually really stupid.
It's only cool if you break all the drummer's and bassist's equipment
kthxbai.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

not trying to be an ass here, but even though the Ethiopian could've had the smashed guitars, they still missin' the amp....
Never smahed one, but theres a fair bit of wair and tear on my guitar

have u ever smashed your guitar at a gig?..any gig...ive never done it...so i thought

hell..why not i take a really really old one and smashed it to ****s when my gigs over!!

Now thats just cheating
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
No, because I look after my things.

Those words, alongside your avatar, creeped the shit out of me.

And no, because it's a stupid thing to do.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Just play with an awesome guitar, then go behind the huge marshallstack where you hid a crappy guitar and smash that one.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
No, and anybody who says it's cool is a dumbass.

Waisting good money that could be used for charity and good causes on guitars just to smash is pathetic and stupid. I lose my respect for any guitarist who decides to smash his/her instrument in less than a second.
nirvana did it all the time. they would use good guitars for most of the songs, and then for the last song they would play a POS $20 strat knoff of and bust it to bits. i mean that would be the way to go. its only a cheap strat!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by Liam.
Unless you're name is Pete Townshend and you're in The Who, NO.

No one can do it like he did.

qft

edit: or Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by Pencil Man at Jan 10, 2009,
Page 1 of 2