so do any of you know anything about these guitars? I am considering maybe looking into buying one. how are these guitars compared to epiphone? also are the 90s ones?

or any other company that made les paul copies that are good?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Last edited by fifer at Jan 10, 2009,
greco very good copies, as are a lot of jap copies from that era.

what i feel is missed a lot of the time though is that the jap companies weren't great builders at first, then they did it more and more and became good. so now they have a reputation for being good.

By the same standard though, the korean and chinese companies have been doing what they do for quite a few years now and theyre starting to get good as well, so if you can find a slightly higher end chinese/ korean model that isn't on crap hardware due to its low cost, then everything else is usualy quite good on them

i would advise looking into the vintage v100 icon (the icons are better than the standard imo, even though spec sheets state them as being the same)

but if your after a jap copy like the greco then you've also got burny, edwards (essentially esp) tokai, and fernandes. farida also make a guitar similar to the les paul but slightly different, and i think it doesn't have the carved top - but that is a great looking guitar, and really good for the money too.
ok thanks, Ill look into all of those. do you know anything about mavis?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
had a look at them - theres not much on the internet about them, so id imagine there an old company who went bust. i couldn't tell you the quality of them or anything, but from the picture i saw they just looked like a low end sort of copy company like jacksville or something.

i wont saw that im definately right tho - ive never played one.