Well how am i going to say this, alright i will start off with saying that not only is he my bandmate. hes also my friend which makes things more difficult then they should be.

The thing is he sucks. i mean hes horrible at guitar (Sloppiest player ive ever seen)
we have no drummer currently and im bassist / singer.

the thing is hes got the goals set high since he thinks im talented (such as tours, albums etc.)

and i just dont want to be in a band with the guy any more.
I dunno how to break it to him HELP!
"Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams, telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems"
bandleading forum
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
"You're not good enough to be in the band, sorry. Maybe if you practice for a while".

OR

"We're now a Jonas Brothers cover band. You in?"
Just come straight out and tell him... If he is really your friend he will understand.
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
Just say that your musical goals arent what youre doing right now, or sumfin like that:P

Or wear a Slayer shirt for 3 months.
''I just like breakdowns..''
FOR GODS SAKE WHY COULDN'T YOU JUST TELL ME TO MY FACE

if I were him.
Just tell him, what's the point in having a friend who is blantantly idiotic if he can't realise his version of 12 bar blues sounds like twinkle twinkle little star.
I pretty much have the same problem, I'm the drummer, my singer also plays guitar, but can't sing and play at the same time unless he's playing John Mayer, and doesn't like even rock the slightest bit, and he's my best friend.
Since you did not post this in the bandleading forum, this thread is now about boobs.

simple man. since you have no other members, just tell him your just gonna jam for now and a band can wait. when you find a drummer, start looking for another guitarist. Just say you jamming with them and work it into a band.
Quote by wesleyisgay
simple man. since you have no other members, just tell him your just gonna jam for now and a band can wait. when you find a drummer, start looking for another guitarist. Just say you jamming with them and work it into a band.

Wrong thread- this is the 'boobies' thread.
Quote by wesleyisgay

Yeah, I'd go with that. He WILL get better if you do this.

You could also try teaching him a few things if you play guitar.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
tell him you don't want to be near him because you have tender thoughts about him. it'll be funny at the very least
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by BugrahanGedik
Just say that your musical goals arent what youre doing right now, or sumfin like that:P

Or wear a Slayer shirt for 3 months.

he would love me if i wore a slayer shirt lmao

thats another thing i hate!!!
HE LIKES METAL When i have no desire to play it
"Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams, telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems"
nicely done aidy you beast

(@Y@)
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by Dan_Hamelin
the thing is hes got the goals set high since he thinks im talented (such as tours, albums etc.)

He plans to leech off your supposed talent? Shit. I'd kick someone out if they didn't want to contribute.

Just tell him he sucks. It's what I'd do. Maybe not so rudely - I'd point out what was wrong, tell him to fix it.
Wow, same problem here... Singer can't sing for life. Is my best friend. And I'm too pussy to do something about it... So instead we kicked out THE BEST musician in the band, our lead guitarist, who's just awesome. But at least, you know, he wants to learn and improve, and of course he's my friend, so I'm gonna wait and support him as much as I possibly can. We started this together and we're gonna stick by each other til the end! Music is not only about playing something perfectly, it's about the people you're doing this with. Otherwise pretty much everyone is replaceable. Endless cycle.
for rent
Get another guitar player and let your friend stay. Just make sure his guitar is unplugged at every gig.
Quote by Aidy Damage
Since you did not post this in the bandleading forum, this thread is now about boobs.

Holy ****, those are nice.

Edit: Looked at location; you go to a site just for crashing threads?
Last edited by herby190 at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by Gakusey
Wow, same problem here... Singer can't sing for life. Is my best friend. And I'm too pussy to do something about it... So instead we kicked out THE BEST musician in the band, our lead guitarist, who's just awesome. But at least, you know, he wants to learn and improve, and of course he's my friend, so I'm gonna wait and support him as much as I possibly can. We started this together and we're gonna stick by each other til the end! Music is not only about playing something perfectly, it's about the people you're doing this with. Otherwise pretty much everyone is replaceable. Endless cycle.

Wow. That's actually the EXACT position I'm in; I'm the bassist, and our guitarist/singer, who is pretty good (he's adequete, but not as good as he thinks) sucks at doing both at the same time, and he decided he's the band leader, and dropped the most amazing guitarist I've ever met because he decided we should be punk instead of metal. Oh, and our drummer refuses to show up because he want's to keep playing WoW.
It's just you and him in the band. What sorta band is that?
He's the Tenac, to your "ious D".
Quote by herby190
Oh, and our drummer refuses to show up because he want's to keep playing WoW.

Damn, that's hilarious!!! Cheers mate! I mean, music's about getting together and having fun! I can speak for the whole band in that we're not nearly at the stage where skills ACTUALLY matter and determine our future. So what the hell, as long as we're having fun and learning...

P.S. The guitarist left not because someone kicked him out, but because him and our bassist (who is also a VERY good musician) just look at things WAAAAAAAY differently. And the bassist said he wouldn't play with him. And I tried as much as I could to fix the situation, because I still think it was such a stupid and unneccesary argument, but you know, it's like a relationship... If it's gone, you can't fake it... So our guitarist, being a very cool guy (well, I like and respect him, and always will) decided it's better if he left... Besides, he really is an awesome guitar player so he's gonna be alright. Still am very depressed about the whole thing. We've got our "last" gig in a couple of weeks Sucks to play live knowing this is the last time...
for rent
what boobs? where?!?!
Free at last! Free at last! God Almighty FREE AT LAST!
I Pan-Tallica
I thought the thread title was "Batman Issues".I was ready to kick some e-ass!

Do those boobs have a name???^^^^^^^^^Way up there?
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by Tazeyo
It's just you and him in the band. What sorta band is that?
He's the Tenac, to your "ious D".

the flight to your conchord
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by NewsoftheWorld
I thought the thread title was "Batman Issues".I was ready to kick some e-ass!

Do those boobs have a name???^^^^^^^^^Way up there?

Shay Laren.