i want to put a humbucker on my fender reissue strat. i just love how strats look and osund with the humbuckers. anyone know any youtube, or google vids that show how to do this?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Tempoe
You may want a stacked humbucker that will fit in a single slot.

this

or a saw for the pickguard

or a custom cut one
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
where can i get a custom cut pickguard that would fit a humbucker?

or where wouldi find stacked humbuckers?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
where can i get a custom cut pickguard that would fit a humbucker?

or where wouldi find stacked humbuckers?

1. most internet sites like warmoth will sell them

2. most pickup companies make stacked singles like the SD HotRails and Little 59
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
There are plenty of places with the HSS pickguards for strats. And just about every pickup company has a line of stacked single coils.
^ +1

which strat is it? with any luck it's already routed for a humbucker at the bridge, so it's just a matter of getting a new pickguard...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i took off my pickguard, and its definately large enough to fit in the humbucker, so itsj ust a matter of getting a pre-cut pickguard that fits it.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

i think fender sell them (replacement pickguards are on the fender website, anyway). might not be the cheapest way to get one, but you'd be sure it'd fit... if you tell them your strat model i'm sure they could tell you which would fit your guitar...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would say that its definitely easier to buy a stacked single coil rather than getting a humbucker. The pickgaurds for a humbucker are goning to cost you another $20-30 and you'll have to rewire, shield, and attach all your picksups to the new pickguard. Also if you get a humbucker, see if it comes in F spacing or Trembucker form if you plan on using it with your tremelo on your strat.
swapping a guard takes about 10 minutes.
and there's no more wiring when putting a humbucker on vs a stacked or railed single.

it's open anyway.

i posted because imo, railed singles dont sound like full sized humbuckers.

and stacked singles and different than hot rails.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^ +1

getting the real humbucker might cost you a little extra (the extra pickguard), but then it actually might do what you want. you're not saving any money if you buy a hotrail, or stacked single, only to find it doesn't do what you want...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I bought a HotRail for the bridge of my strat lately and its great for distorted stuff. It sounds heavier than the full size HB's on my Epiphone. Its great for metal and rock but it can be a bit too harsh for lighter stuff.

I probably would have bought a full size HB for the little bit of extra versitility but I didnt want to spend money on a new pickguard. The hot rails is also cheaper than a decent fullsized HB. I don't think it matters that the HotRails aren't good for lighter stuff though, because a strat has 4 other P-up positions anyway