iv'e noticed lately that even though i play consistently, i don't develop calluses on my fingertips anymore, and when i do they stay thin and don't stay long. this has been making playing, especially bending really painful (and i've been learning "Gimme Shelter"). sometimes it feels as tho the flesh might be getting withing my fingers, thats how painful it gets. i wouldnt let this stop me from playing, but its getting annoying. if i could upload a picture of my hand i would, and you guys would look at it and say "these fingers... they were created to make music!". anyone else experience anything similar or know how to deal with this?
Layers of skin coming off of the tips of your fingers, eh?
I just kept playing.
After a while, you would find blood, dirt, and pieces on skin on my strings.

MC name = Bearrorism
Last edited by Gargantuan at Jan 10, 2009,
Try some higher gauge strings to develop the calluses.

I was under the impression that once you got them, if you continued to play, they didn't go away.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by Gargantuan

actually yea, they do peel off sometimes, but they usually dont develop in the first place.
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Try some higher gauge strings to develop the calluses.

I was under the impression that once you got them, if you continued to play, they didn't go away.

hmmm it did start after i put on 9's ( i used to play 11's)
slice th tips of your fingers off

it wouldnt help but would make a cool video
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
My fingers just became permanently hardened at the tip after like 6 months of playing. Its been 2 years since then. Maybe this is whats happening to your fingers? I would say if it hurts to play then take a few days off of playing.
Play untill thers no skin on the tips then just play whit BONES!

If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
This happened to me once.
Just give it a few days and it should heal up.
Suck it up. I used to get blisters. Then I'd bleed, and by the time I'd stop playing guitar the strings would be all red with blood... yeah I know, awesome.

You could always do what Tony Iommi did, play with melted plastic on your fingertips. Makes for some awesome sound.
I actually have stuff written on my guitars neck with blood, you should try it, makes you look badass

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
suck it up and play more. everyone deals with this. my fingers still bleed sometimes if i practice a lot.
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Maybe let them heal. Then begin playing again. The fact that they are like that might be keeping them from developing calluses.

Every once in awhile my calluses will start to go away (especially on my pinky) so I just play my acoustic. It gets them back in no time.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Just forget about the pain and keep playing.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
We can tell, it appears you can't even hit the shift key while typing.
calluses aren't always the best. once, mine was so hard that the string made a groove in it and cut right through it, causing my finger to bleed and for my finger to take 1-2 weeks to heal.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by Gargantuan
I just kept playing.
After a while, you would find blood, dirt, and pieces on skin on my strings.

Same here. The first five frets of my 5th and 6th strings were red.
I used to have the same sort of problem as you. I kept on playing, in the hope that I would develop calluses, but it only made it worse, and the skin wore away. However, this did not deter my playing, only encouraged it, but the problem did not go away.

Now I have no arms
do you play electric or acoustic, i play electric lots but over the past few days i played acoustic for like 5 hours a day and realized that electric didn't build my calouses at all and now they are starting to develop again. It can take them a long time you just have to tough it out, and if you stop for like a few weeks and start again then you'll have to get them back, it wont take as long but that's how it works they don't stay forever.

If you see bone then stop... But a little skin peeling off there is nothing wrong with that I have a spot on my finger that peels skin all the time.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Last edited by AthenasGhost at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by valdean
Oh, and I've heard that Krazy Glue helps.

that is only if your callouses come off and you want to glue them back on. I suppose It might make a thin protective layer, but there are better ways.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
God is telling you to give up, obey.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.