Hi guys, I've been in a band for a while and we have recently recorded some songs for an unfinished demo. Before passing out the final product I'd like to see what you guys think about the songs.

Let me know what you think about quality, effects, lyrics, melody, anything. I'd like to know how I can improve the recordings.

The songs are Blow and Third Time's a Charm. In my profile. Crit 4 crit.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Sounds pretty good. I liked Blow the best of the two. I'd maybe bring the drums down a wee bit in the mix, maybe? Nice work, good and catchy!

Cheers,
J
Thanks for your crit dude! Here's mine in response...

First off, like the song titles, and the start of "Third Time's..." created a good impression with the groove you have going there. After that something started to sound a little bit odd, and I think it was as jayr123guitar said, the drums are standing out a tad too much, in both the songs. Backing vocals are a really nice touch. "Blow" is the better song of the two in that it is more memorable, effect you put on the drums near the end was cool, I was kinda wanting a little more gain on the guitar solo in that song, the tone is not quite rocky enough for it...but they are both solid, catchy rock songs. Good work man.
Blow- Drums are a tad bit too loud. The song is well arranged though, and catchy. Add some more gain to the solo and it's perfect.

Third Time's a Charm- Not as memorable as Blow, but still pretty good. You know, I'd like to hear when the whole demo cd or whatever is complete.

How where they recorded?
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
The bass on Third Time is a little weird in places, and the songs not completely tight (the triplets on the ride cymbal seem to make the drums lag a little in places), but pretty good, anyway.

The singing's in tune, the tones on guitar are good, the songs got a nice structure.

Blow has a really cool riff. I can't tell who's playing ahead or behind, but you have a similar problem with the other song. Not a big deal. Just keep working at it. Nice solo.
Thanks for the crit, ill be sure to let you know when i finish that song!
I am listening to Third time's a charm, and it's great.
Very catchy, the vocals are very nice. Ending on a guitar solo... nice.

Blow does have a very catchy verse riff. Nice effect on the drums, and they sounded awesome while you were playing the solo. Very nice effect on the drums at the end lol.

My only con is about the drums in Third Time, they were a bit too loud in some places and i think the vocals could have been a little louder.

Thanks again for the crit and good luck!
Police were called to a daycare where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.
third time a charm: start with the obvious: drum levels are overpowering the rest of the tune. didn't like the backing vocals at all. on the positive the song is catchy and your vocals are good.
blow: the best of the two. again drums slightly overpowering. the guitar solo needs a slightly fuller sound. but really catchy tune!!!
these are just opinions
Hey guys, I remixed the tracks so they would sound better, tell me what you think!

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb