So its january and im sure some UGers are finding out if they got into the colleges of their choice.

But i was wondering if some people who are already in college could tell us how it is being a freshman in a college in a new city.

Is it easy to meet people?
Easy to find parties?

Any information you collegiate folk could provide would be appretiated.
Quote by heyman77
So its january and im sure some UGers are finding out if they got into the colleges of their choice.

But i was wondering if some people who are already in college could tell us how it is being a freshman in a college in a new city.

Is it easy to meet people?
Easy to find parties?

Any information you collegiate folk could provide would be appretiated.

Yes to both.
Everyone is in the same boat and people are very friendly, particularly in the first few weeks.

As for parties, they are usually on somewhere, although I dunno how it is in the states, because we usually go to the bar.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
College is the shit. I stayed home and went to university in my hometown and its still ridiculously awesome.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
I agree with rockinlespaul. It's not difficult at all if you live in a dorm. EVERYBODY around you is nervous and trying to make friends. Prepare to meet hundreds and hundreds of people personally, and only end up remembering 5 or so. Your neighbors are your best bet for longtime friends outside of your extracurricular classes. Stay away from the fratties.

And if you live in a co-ed dorm. Leave your door open, take your shirt off, and play guitar with modest volume. Prepare for a lot of attention from the opposite sex. Bonus points for acoustic Jack Johnson and Dave Matthews.
Last edited by coffeeguy9 at Jan 10, 2009,
i didnt have to change cities, so couldnt really help you on that one, sorry:/

ill never falter.ill stand my ground.

yes, i am a girl.
Depends entirely on the college. I went to school 1500 miles away from home and started day 1 with no friends. My school was decently anti-social and quite different from regular state schools. Still i was able to make a good amount of friends and join a few organizations (an academic organization, greek letter organization, and an activity organization). But during orientation try and meet as many people as humanly possible.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master