Sucks to be a UG'er.

Not really but the sig thing bothers me partially
''I just like breakdowns..''
Affirmative! I assumed there was a reason I wasn't finding pics in sigs, but I couldn't find a reason why.

I thought everyone was on cable by this time... shiiit... when I got cable internet was about 10 years ago. Pictures don't slow me down!
Last edited by syntheticocean at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by syntheticocean
Affirmative! I assumed there was a reason I wasn't finding pics in sigs, but I couldn't find a reason why.

I thought everyone was on cable by this time... shiiit... when I got cable internet was about 10 years ago. Pictures don't slow me down!

yeah, even if pic were allowed a limit would have to be set, because i think no matter how good your net connection would be , maybe some server could slow it down and, for 20-40 posts on a page, maybe some again including pictures, that would be a pretty high loading time , let's say for some
Yeah. Unfortunately. I'm a member of a computer forum where everyone there is a siggy*****. Yet, with a 100-per page post limit, usually entire pages, sigs and all load up in under 3 seconds for me. It's when theres 800x600 images that it might push load time to 5-7 seconds
cable may be the norm in the USA but it certainly isn't worldwide. we want this site to be as easy and pleasant to use for as many people as possible. quick page load times are much more important than images in sigs - you can either use text or post a link to an image instead.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by divid3d
cable may be the norm in the USA but it certainly isn't worldwide. we want this site to be as easy and pleasant to use for as many people as possible. quick page load times are much more important than images in sigs - you can either use text or post a link to an image instead.

aw man. ima photoshop monster, this upsets me. there should be an option for people with slow internet to turn off forum signatures, then the people what were not cheap and got net zero for 10 bucks a month and actually spend a good amount of money for a fast connection can enjoy the artwork of signatures, its not fair to punish us because they dont want to get good internet...

just my opinion

no flame to ANYONE
Quote by divid3d
Plus, pics in sigs are annoying.

Well, I find it annoying.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by syntheticocean
I think it's nice. The Avatars are too small. I wouldn't mind a siggy that we could sort of express ourselves with.
If you need to express yourself, use your profile. That's why you have it.

Pics in sigs make the forums cluttered, and most of the time they're just an annoying internet picture or gif that's everyone's seen 1,000 before.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
The avatars are a little on the small side, but sigs are fine to me. Pic sigs are just annoying when you've seen them once.
Quote by 6 STRING NOOB
aw man. ima photoshop monster, this upsets me. there should be an option for people with slow internet to turn off forum signatures, then the people what were not cheap and got net zero for 10 bucks a month and actually spend a good amount of money for a fast connection can enjoy the artwork of signatures, its not fair to punish us because they dont want to get good internet...

just my opinion

no flame to ANYONE

Well where I live the max we can get is a 2mb line.