I know, I know, I'm the 452558th person to ask about this, but I hope for an straight answer. Anyhow, I'm a proud owner of Ibanez S470 and getting my Metal Muff with Top Boost soon (replacing Digitechs Death Metal). So, in this case, I'm in a search for an all-tube amp (did a lot of reading and reviews on sites, and I think this is what I want), up to range of 600 euros. I know it's not much, but, that's the situation heh.

I'm playing mostly death and thrash metal, and atm I have a Marshall MG15 . So, I'm looking for a decent alltube amp in that price range, and I hope I can get an amp that can be louder than this MG of mine (since I use it when rehearsing with a drummer).

I have read, seen and heard many reviews over the internet, but I'm in no position to test any out, since I come from Bosnia and we have a small selection of amps that we can test out, even if you can test it out, they give you their equipment, so I can't really rely on playing a Squire with Metal Boost through some amp and see the difference between that and the sound I currently get from my amp.

So, if anyone is willing to leave a comment, please do and I kindly ask you to state why to choose that amp. Thank you
You could find a used krankenstine but im not so sure.
but with your money you could easily find a used 5150/6505 + a used Mesa/marshall Cab.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
So that's about $802 USD? Used 5150 or XXX would suit well like WTF! pointed out.

I guess it might be hard to shop eBay and ship in huh?

I don't know if a B52 can do death metal but it is pretty versatile and is only $360 USD on musiciansfriend. Maybe the is a european dealer with similar pricing on that. I think both the 60 and 100w versions are on sale.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
So that's about $802 USD? Used 5150 or XXX would suit well like WTF! pointed out.

I don't know if a B52 can do death metal but it is pretty versatile and is only $360 USD on musiciansfriend. Maybe the is a european dealer with similar pricing on that. I think both the 60 and 100w versions are on sale.

THX im doing my best to help.
the b-52s are decent amps and i think it can do brutal metal but b-52s are hard to find outside of America, so i think the TS is better of finding a used 5150 combo.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jan 10, 2009,
In addition to the amps listed, Bugera 333xl and 6262 if you can find one. They are basically cheaper clones of the XXX and 6505+.

I don't know why "death metal in Bosnia" made me laugh but it did.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^Yea, your probably right about that.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Bugera 333(xl or not, i'm not sure) 6260, 6262, peavey 5150, 6505, or 6506+, b-52 1x12 combo

all good options, too bad you can't go used though
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by gregs1020
In addition to the amps listed, Bugera 333xl and 6262 if you can find one. They are basically cheaper clones of the XXX and 6505+.

I don't know why "death metal in Bosnia" made me laugh but it did.

hehehe, yeah, mostly people think it's a god-forbid place, but we have many underground great death metal bands around here, Toxicdeath, Agonize, Silent Kingdom, and many others, you should check out myspace if you want to , thx for suggestions, but from what I've seen on net, as well as people are recommending here, Bugeras are not much reliable, and yeah, no shop nearby sucks too

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Thanks a lot heh, I was thinking about Peavy 5150, I think XXX is a bit too expensive for me. If I remember correctly, many people had some technical probelms with the B52, again, I remind you, I rely on what people tell around here.

Thanks for responses everyone, really appreciated
^well anything NEW under 1,000 has a chance of having 'issues'.

Metal amps are bit more complex to build than a strait away Blues amp for example so yeah. Valvekings had issues when they first came out from what I read. B52s, Randalls, Bugeras, Valvekings etc will have the x % of lemons.

I don't hang out on eBay so I don't know what XXXs go for there but I wouldn't consider them THAT much more expensive. You obviously may have to be a bit flexible and snag the first thing that looks best to you for now.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^well anything NEW under 1,000 has a chance of having 'issues'.

Metal amps are bit more complex to build than a strait away Blues amp for example so yeah. Valvekings had issues when they first came out from what I read. B52s, Randalls, Bugeras, Valvekings etc will have the x % of lemons.

I don't hang out on eBay so I don't know what XXXs go for there but I wouldn't consider them THAT much more expensive. You obviously may have to be a bit flexible and snag the first thing that looks best to you for now.

yeah, I'll have to check out eBay for sure, I do check it, but haven't done so recently, will tend to search for things, but I'll have to come back to you guys to tell me cons and pros, since my hands are tied when it comes down to testing and hearing the difference

thanks though