i need a guitar good for metal.. im not talking like ac/dc. im talking... lamb of god...dream theater, anything really heavy. i also want a neckthrough model. but preferably not floyd rose. i was thinking bc rich, cause of the designs, but im not sure if they play well. i was thinking ibanez, since theyre affordable and everyone uses them. any ides?
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34
A PE teachers got a shotput in the side of the dead

Head + dead = dead?
Maybe a Schecter Hellraiser, don't know what price range your in though. You could get a slightly higher end B.C. Rich Warlock and it should be ok, but most people don't like the Bronze Warlock.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Ibanez RG series = Awesome value for money...play pretty well..usually have a trem
ESP= Very well built
B.C rich= Designs are very metal oriented...play pretty well too (depending on what u get)

i personally would buy an ibanez tho.. i really like the necks.
Set up:-
Kustom Sound 40W Guitar Amp
Marshall MG15 CD
Zoom 707 II (surprisingly good..)
VOX Tonelab ST
Jackson DK2M (Seymour duncan TB4 and the SD jazz)
don't forget jackson.
but out of your list, ESP probably.

to above ^^ the RG have edge IIIs though don't they? not too good from what i've heard.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Ibanez are great if your gonna go cheaper get an S, the Edge 3 works as long as you dont use it much, mines worked great but thats cause I rarely use it.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
BC Rich gutiars play very well if you get a midrange to high end guitar.
Most people form the generalization that BC Rich guitars suck because they played a Bronze warlock in bestbuy.
I have one of the older platinum Virgos, and it has a super fast neck.

I will agree however, if you're on a budget, lower-mid end ibanez usually have better bang for the buck.

I have never played an ESP other than the really nice Kirk Hammet one, so I have no opinion of their gutiars.
Most of the Ibanez models are bolt on,same for Jackson on their affordable models.You can get a set thru (whatever that means) ESP LTD model with EMG active pups in it for a good price,like 600 or so I think.Ibanez does make a black RG that is neck thru and comes with active EMG pups,but it's like 800 or so.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

well i play metal (terrible at it though)
and i have a jackson performer ps-3 which is great for me i love it but it has 22 frets and no tremelo
i also have a b.c rich sig series kkv
that is decent but for pinchys the tone is just not cut out well the pick ups arent
i'd get an esp/ibanez or a jackson
but yeah cheap bc richs are dull and not all that
you might want to check out more guitars
have you considered dean?
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Last edited by padgea7x at Jan 10, 2009,
for what your looking for ltd should be pretty good, maybe a mhseris, ibanez make some damn fine guitars but alot that dont have thru neck + hard tail
JACKSON but out of your list ESP
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
I personally would say Jackson too. But their neckthru models all are around 1000$ at least. But then you have a real neckthru. Not a set neck that seems to be a neck thru...

I dont like ibanez because imo they feel cheap and sound thin. But they are an ease to play. Stay away from the edgeIII trem though.

LTD is nice too. Of your list, that is my favorit.

B.C.Rich is a nono for me. They have nice models, but these are all 3000$ and more. The NJ series are far from bad, but cant compete with models of other brands in the same price range.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Why do you want a neck through exactly?

And I would say Ibanez...but if you are not making it to the prestige range then I dunno cause the EdgeIII is pretty bad but if you get one with a ZR or Edge pro then you are good. But You do not want a trem so pretty much ibanez is out of the question

The only Ibanez that meets your requirements is the Xiphos 7 which is $899? I think. And it looks pretty metal, and has 7 strings so you can get heavy with it and play those few 7 string Dream Theater songs too! And it has a tuno-matic sorta bridge so no trem.

But other then that I say go ESP/LTD.

Stay away from BC Rich haha in my opinion they make you look real cheesy unless your using the Mockingbird.
My Gear:

Ibanez JEM7vwh
Schecter Damien 7
Alvarez Classical

Roland Cube 30
Boss DS-1 & DS-1 w/ Ultra Mod and SEM, RC-2, CH-1, NS-2, DD-6, GE-7.
Digitech Whammy, Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah.

Check out my music at myspace.com/alpha5music
Quote by LP_CL
I personally would say Jackson too. But their neckthru models all are around 1000$ at least. But then you have a real neckthru. Not a set neck that seems to be a neck thru...

I dont like ibanez because imo they feel cheap and sound thin. But they are an ease to play. Stay away from the edgeIII trem though.

LTD is nice too. Of your list, that is my favorit.

B.C.Rich is a nono for me. They have nice models, but these are all 3000$ and more. The NJ series are far from bad, but cant compete with models of other brands in the same price range.

There are models around 400€ with ofr and mahogany, the pickups not that good, but bc rich is getting some really ace midlevel models.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Why are Jackson and Schecter not on that list? ._.

Play them then figure it out yourself.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Jacksons for shredders IMO! But I have a BC Rich mockingbird that I play all the time that is JUST like Slashs and it sounds badass no matter what I am playing. but a jackson kelly is a definite metal machine!!!!! or the King V.
"Nice boys don't play rock n' roll" - Axl Rose in (Nice Boys cover)
Ibanez RG series, you can't beat em for the money.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
For metal, generally:

Schecter, ESP, Jackson/Ibanez, BC Rich, Dean

(in order from best value, playability, sound, etc to worst)
so i went to a local store and tried out some jacksons, some esps, some ibanezes, and LTD, no dean guitars, and no schecter. as i expected i do like ibanez the most. all the ones i tried played so smoothly and i love the feel of the neck. and i want a neck thru cause i just LOVE the feeling and i would feel better playing one then a nastyass bolton. neck thrus give me a boner... just a guitar fetish. and my budget is around.... 300-500 US. which complicates things a bit. and there is one guitar.. there was an ibanez pgm 30 which played the best out of all of them. and its the cheapest. but ive heard the sound and pickups and trem suck ASS so i might stray away from that. so i guess basically what im looking for is a good value nice looking neck thru metal guitar from 300-500 usd bucks. more or less.
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34
A PE teachers got a shotput in the side of the dead

Head + dead = dead?
Jackson or Ibanez
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Oh lawd I want it but in the 6 string version.

Haha it is a 6 string version
Id take the BC Rich, make sure you go Platinum edition though, they sound much better

Please use tags for tabs....
Quote by jamesdtsx
i need a guitar good for metal.. im not talking like ac/dc. im talking... lamb of god...dream theater, anything really heavy. i also want a neckthrough model. but preferably not floyd rose. i was thinking bc rich, cause of the designs, but im not sure if they play well. i was thinking ibanez, since theyre affordable and everyone uses them. any ides?

You're missing Schecter from that list, do yourself a favour and check out their website, they are hands down the best quality for the money, and metal is their bread and butter as far as the designs go. I'd recommend them, B.C. Rich only gets good in the $600-$1000+ range these days, and Ibanez quality continues to dip more and more each year. ESP/LTD looks promising this year, but I'll wait until some reviews of the 09's come more widely available to pass judgement on those.

Schecter I can personally recommend as I have a Hellraiser as my main guitar, and I'm looking into the C-8 hellraiser
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
Quote by Camdon
Id take the BC Rich, make sure you go Platinum edition though, they sound much better

Do they make platinum's anymore?
I didn't think they did.
Jackson. 'Nuff said.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Warlock Platinums are still made last time I checked. I ordered mine in november from the HQ in canada for 800 bucks

Please use tags for tabs....