ok i've got an ibanez rg350mdx with EMG 81/85 pickups. so one day i was in my bands rehearsal and my guitar fell pretty bad on the ground. on the outside nothing seemed to change, but when i turned on my amp, turned to my EMG 81, and put the clean sound on, the guitar sounded lightly distorted and when i change my pickup to the neck EMG 85 pickup it sounded much more distorted, like a weak crunch distortion. could something have happened to the electronics in the guitar? im really pissed that i cant play on clean normally.. help would be appreciated
You've probably depolarised the magnets or something.

Electrons in the metallic lattice structure go all funny when it gets dropped or something....
So both pickups are distorted? Try disconnecting with the quick connects and swap pups, see if the result is the same.
If you drop a magnet it becomes depolarised, I'm just using my knowledge of Chemistry to assume about the electrons, I'm not sure about what actually causes polarity.

But it mine mean that the electrons are all muffed up, I'm really not sure, I'm probably talking aload of rubbish.

Pickups are made of magnets though, so I might be right, abit.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
If you drop a magnet it becomes depolarised, I'm just using my knowledge of Chemistry to assume about the electrons, I'm not sure about what actually causes polarity.

But it mine mean that the electrons are all muffed up, I'm really not sure, I'm probably talking aload of rubbish.

Pickups are made of magnets though, so I might be right, abit.

I don't think so, Alnico and Ceramic magnets in those pups.
Thats strange, take the back plate off your guitar and check for broken solders I guess, maybe could have damaged a pot?
yeah i guess that could be the problem, but i don't understand anything that is inside the guitar, i think ill take it for some repair