I have 212 cab with speakers rated at 8 OHMs 70 watts each. My head is 120 Watts, 8 or 16 OHMs. Am I correct to assume that since there are two speakers the wattage on the head will be divided up or do I need speakers that can handle 120 watts each? Also, on the back of the cab where the stereo input is, it says Class 2 Wiring. What does that mean?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
if you connect it in stereo your cab can handle 70W, if you connect it mono your cab will be 140W
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by Farether
if you connect it in stereo your cab can handle 70W, if you connect it mono your cab will be 140W

Hmm, it only has inputs for left and right
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
you can only connect it stereo than. you can use it for your amp, but only on lower volumes
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Hmm, damn what if I were to take out a power tube? I need this for a gig on Friday.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
WHAT?
I'm pretty sure Farether is wrong..
You can't even buy 120 watt speakers in the first place.
(Or they're hard to find anyways)

And removing a tube won't do anything at all but make your tone suck.
Either way your head is still 120 watts.

EDIT: regardless, you can't use that cab.
The cab is 4 OHMs, but your head can only do 16, or 8 ohms.
Don't plug your head into that cab, or damage shall ensue

DOUBLE EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong.

TS: Does it say on the back of the cab if the speakers are wired in Series, or Parallel?
Last edited by Faux~Affliction at Jan 10, 2009,
You should have a switch that says mono/stereo iunless it's a stereo amp, and the side that is the mono on the switch is your mono input.

Pics would help.
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.