So right, i have a Boss ME-50, (I got it for xmas) And i just dont like it at all! The output is too high and when ive got the volume down so nothing is going through the amp all i can hear is a buzzing noise and its so annoying. Ive did research and lots of other people found this with the Boss ME 50, (btw I have a L6 Spider III 75). Ive tried switching cables etc so im just going to get a new one.

So now here is my problem, (no ..... money is not an issue at all) Ive have been doing research about different pedals, i dont want individual stomp boxes.

I have been looking at the Boss GT-10,
I like all it has to offer etc. But can some one please tell me if the GT 10 produces that same noise the Boss ME-50 has when on Distortion? That constant annoying feedback noise. You probably will know what i mean if you have a ME 50.

But I have also been looking at the Line 6 POD X3 Live.
It looks really swish, but confusing. But that doesnt really bother me.

So i play Metal, (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Machine Head, Pantera, Lamb Of God, etc.) .. Just basically metal.

So what i am asking here is what is better for metal and just as a better pedal in that case, not just for metal.
So here it is the big question!

BOSS GT 10 VS. LINE 6 POD X3 LIVE

And if any one else has any other suggestiongs of pedals i might benifit, Please please please tell me.

If they are any questions ask, I want to make sure i pick the right pedal this time.

Thank you very much

-Jamie
i would go with the pod out of those two, i've heard great things about it
although a new better amp would be better
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
But ive tried the pedal on different amps and it still happened, its Boss, they put the pedal with a too high of an output!

I know i need a new amp though, :/ What amp would you guys reccomend. Hahaa, ive only ever bought one amp before (and been given a few off people who dont want them,) and i dont have a clue what to look for, I know that tube amps are really good and thats about it. I havn't done any research or anything on them

But you see i could probably get the pedal and the new amp, You see i have a rich father and its a long story ...

Btw i have a Dean Razorback 255 if that helps, (which it won't :/)

Cheers
budget?
do you need volume?
styles? (bands specifically for the tone you're after)
can you go used?
answer
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
1.about £400 - 600
2.No
3.Metal, (Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Pantera, Machine Head)
4.Yes
Last edited by MetalJamie at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by MetalJamie
1.about £400+
2.No
3.Metal
4.Yes

1. how much is that in usd?
2. hmm, well that makes it a little harder
3. yeah getting small amps that can do metal is hard
4. good, that opens it up a lot

what kind of metal? like death? or like thrash?
my first though is the b-52 at-112, on guitarcenter and musiciansfriend its on sale for 360 usd, but idk thats a lot of volume
other than that than maybe a roland cube series, like 15 or 30 watts solid state pretty good
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I play more thrash, i have been writing my own stuff aswell, that is very thrashy.

Ive worked out that 910$ = £600.
So thats the budget, idk what to do , you guys just make suggestions and ill check em out.

- Jamie
Quote by acdclandon
1. how much is that in usd?
2. hmm, well that makes it a little harder
3. yeah getting small amps that can do metal is hard
4. good, that opens it up a lot

what kind of metal? like death? or like thrash?
my first though is the b-52 at-112, on guitarcenter and musiciansfriend its on sale for 360 usd, but idk thats a lot of volume
other than that than maybe a roland cube series, like 15 or 30 watts solid state pretty good

Doesnt really matter about volume, like the amp doesnt have to be small. I would prefer a BIG **** IN THE FACE METAL AMP! Hahaa
If you have £400 budget, get yourself a Valveking an a Bad Monkey OD, get rid of the spider, and use the ME50.

If you have £600, look around for a Peavey 6505 instead.
peavey 5150 or 6505 combo for the win with that budget
plus it will be as loud as you will ever needs it
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Thanks guys, i think i know what im going to do ..

Im going to get a Peavey Valve King 212 100w.

Then keep the Boss ME 50 for a bit, see how it is and then sell it to my friend because he wants to buy my ME 50 off me for 130 but ive only had it a few weeks. Then im going to trial the GT 10 for a week then send it back then trial the X3 Live for a week,

But with me being me, i probably wont do that and just settle for the Boss, But ill let you know how it goes if i do.

Thanks very much!
i wouldn't get the valveking:
1. it barely pulls off metal contrary to popular belief (it doesn't have all that much gain, albeit still a lot)
2. its really just an okay amp until you start modding it

for the money you could get something better
6505 or 5150 for instance, or on a tighter budget a b-52 at 1-12
oh btw you do not want a 2x12 100 watt all tube amp
that would just be hell, you woudn't be able to crank it, and you'd strain back carrying it, if you're not gigging than it REALLY doesn't make any sense
go with a 1x12 despite what the amp is
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
So i have been looking at the B-52-A112

It seems pretty cool and cheap, i will most have to invest in one,

Ive found one for 359.99 USD which equals 236.308 GBP.

But i think the delivery will cost a bomb, i cant find one in the UK anywhere, well it is a pretty cheap amp in the 1st place.

Thanks
Quote by MetalJamie
So i have been looking at the B-52-A112

It seems pretty cool and cheap, i will most have to invest in one,

Ive found one for 359.99 USD which equals 236.308 GBP.

But i think the delivery will cost a bomb, i cant find one in the UK anywhere, well it is a pretty cheap amp in the 1st place.

Thanks

if you want to pay for it thats a pretty good option
btw, just so you know, a good pedalboard of single pedals wlil be better than probably any multi-effects pedal

thats why i recommend that if you can go up to 600 (or 910 usd) than to start getting the pedals you need for the effects you want.
if you want to spend the money and if you want the best quality

edit:
Quote by heminder
£600 ?
go for an ENGL combo...

or do that
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Last edited by acdclandon at Jan 10, 2009,