Hello Ugers. I was wondering if anyone knew what are the Duncan design pickups modeled after in a Jackson Kvx10. And Im thinking about getting new ones to put in my guitar. Anyone have any sugestions? I like the dimebucker but you know.....
anything? Im not getting another mg I was thinking a cube 30.
Last edited by King of King V at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by King of King V
anything?

What tones are you after?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Yeah I was looking for more mids. Let me tell you. My first guitar was a Esp/ltd EX:50 and when I plug it into my amp it sounds great. Very dark mid chunky. Then I put in my Jackson and it dosn't sound as good. It sounds like a heavy crunch.

I like mids and highs for solos.
Last edited by King of King V at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by King of King V

I like mids and highs for solos.

Honestly I would wait until you have the Cube 30 and settle in before swapping pups. The amp is going to improve your tone more than a pup swap will at this point. See how the Jackson sounds with the cube before you fix something that may not be broken. I wouldn't judge how anything really sounds on a MG - it lies tonally.

Edit: And dear god don't pay attention to my signature!
DiMarzio Double Whammy DP150FBK,
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Quote by gregs1020
Honestly I would wait until you have the Cube 30 and settle in before swapping pups. The amp is going to improve your tone more than a pup swap will at this point. See how the Jackson sounds with the cube before you fix something that may not be broken. I wouldn't judge how anything really sounds on a MG - it lies tonally.

Edit: And dear god don't pay attention to my signature!

+3 hundred and 11
Quote by King of King V
Can anyone suggest a good amp? Is a cube 30 good?

It's a good amp. What bands music do you play? Budget? Would you consider used amps? What major city do you live near?
I play mostly metal music so i want good overdrive. But I also like to play blues and some other things so a very nice clean would be nice. My budget is about 500$ maby a little more. And I live in New Jersey so I can go to New York if needed.
^Mesa? Did ja see teh linky?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Did you type in AMP in the search bar gregs or was it just right there? Nice find btw.

I typed "mesa". With his budget and genre I figured he could score a F-30 possibly. The subway though seemed perfect for what he's doing.

TS - take all reviews with a grain of salt. Form your own opinion.