I want to start recording music onto my computer. I have windows Vista. So i came to a standstill with three different products. Line 6 guitarport ux1, Line 6 Toneport xt, or the M-Audio producer USB microphone. which one would be best for recording. and are they compatible with windows vista?
Metallica rules the world!!!

Member Number 5 of Metallica Mensa
Well i think you maybe even should get yourself an external recording soundcard. Because usually distorted guitar signals come in to computers very ugly because the computer cant handle the signal.

At least, I had that problem.

But theyre all compatible i guess, and which one is the best: Thats a matter of your flava!
''I just like breakdowns..''
thanks burgrahan, anyother suggestions? and where can iget a external recording soundacrd?

out of those 3 which one would be the best? i would also like to record onto my computer with my acoustic, but that doesnt have a cable plug in.

Get an interface (the hardware of which you speak) with an XLR (three-pin microphone connector) input and a good mic. I recommend the Shure SM57 for one mic if you're recording amps, and it works well on pretty much everything. This way, you're able to expand into better equipment without having to change out everything you currently have.

Some that I recommend:

M-Audio Fast Track (USB or Pro)
M-Audio MobilePre
Lexicon Alpha or Lambda
Alesis iO|2
If anyone wants to IM me, it's dwsabianguy. No spam.
I wouldn't get an M-Audio interface because they are built very cheap, but I suggest you check out these brands for something better: E-Mu, PreSonus and RME.
Quote by dwsabianguy
Get an interface (the hardware of which you speak) with an XLR (three-pin microphone connector) input and a good mic. I recommend the Shure SM57 for one mic if you're recording amps, and it works well on pretty much everything. This way, you're able to expand into better equipment without having to change out everything you currently have.

Some that I recommend:

M-Audio Fast Track (USB or Pro)
M-Audio MobilePre
Lexicon Alpha or Lambda
Alesis iO|2

Yeah the MobilePre USB is very portable and enough for home/single record.
The Fast Track Pro is a level higher (sample rate) and has a midi in/out.

I use the MobilePre USB and i am very happy with it
◘~(ô0)==>
Oh my tube, they rocked zwenny ! - Let's r0ck 0n!!