hey everyone. i'm new here so i havent read around for too long but i just bought a epiphone les paul special II at the end of summer and it came with a epiphone studio 10 amp.

this is it right here

and so i just picked it up after about 2 weeks and tried to plug the cord into the amplifier and the guitar. it goes in any everything but when i play nothing happens... the amp is plugged up... and on and all of the volume knobs are turned up so i'm not sure what could be wrong with it. if i really jam the end going into the guitar in very hard it will register for a few seconds then just stop again... i was wondering if anyone knew what was going on and has had this happen to them before. thanks.
I'd check the instrument cables you're using before assuming it's the amp.If it's a cheap cable then it's a very likely that it's busted and that's causing the problem.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

yep, just buy a new cable
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
One of those chords came with my Epi and broke within weeks. There pieces of crap, just buy a new chord. There cheap.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
Those "free" cables are the cheapest junk imaginable. They put those in with every epi guitar. I dont even bother to undo the twist tie they go straight into the trash. I did test one when new and it didnt work. So save yourself some headaches and go buy a decent cable. Also as its a new epi fix the screw for the strap button on the upper horn before it falls out and buy 1 of those plastic strap locks, or you will be on here in not to long asking how to glue the headstock back on. Also check the output jack to see if its tight even if it is take the nut off and put some lock tight on the threads.
Same thing happened to that cable when I had it. Go out and get a better one.
Strats & Seagulls