Page 1 of 2
Hey guys,

Just thought you might like to see the results of my new guitar day!

My brand spanking new PRS Custom 24 in amber sunburst with a quilted maple top

and here she is:

In real life the colours are actually a lot brighter, so to show that off, here's a profesionally taken photo:

So basically, it's amazing, sounds brilliant lovely smooth fast neck...it is the best guitar I've ever played by a huge margin...if you ever have the opportunity to pick one up do!

Oh, and just for interests sake, here's a group shot (of electrics only):

From left to right: PRS custom 24, PRS Tremonti SE, PRS EG, PRS Santana SE and the ESP-LTD M200-FM

Not pictured are my bass, ovation acoustic and acoustic, and my electric drum kit.
Last edited by idiotbox919 at Mar 30, 2009,
I predict that the other 4 will soon be attention starved bastard children in your house hahah.Very nice guitar,I've always liked PRS guitars.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Very nice.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
nice guitar, it really stands out in your collection
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Quote by edbert
nice guitar, it really stands out in your collection

Yeah it kind of overshadows all the others in every department!

And yeah, I can see the others becoming slightly neglected for a while, although not just yet, as I'm not taking the new one to uni for insurance reasons and don't want it getting smashed!
Last edited by idiotbox919 at Jan 10, 2009,
*Jealous*

P.S. If you notice your other guitars need some love feel free to send 'em to me, I'll take great care of them.
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
My god dude thats awesome theres a red one at my local shop and I wants it!
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by alex0203
who cares. get over yourself.

Didn't mean to offend man, I just thought people here might like to see it.

Plus, I'm proud of it and want to show it.
Quote by alex0203

Get the hell off this forum, you tool.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
seriously ill take the others off your hands dude so they wont get jealous...
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
Quote by alex0203

dont be a douche if you had a new guitar you would be proud to show it off too, your lying if you say you wouldnt.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
PRS guitars are nice but I much prefer flamed maple, your effect you have looks like someone has pooed all over it.
Quote by alex0203

Leave the man alone. He just got himself a new guitar and he loves it, and the majority of the community loves these topics, like if we actually met the guy, so don't do this to others what you wouldn't desire for yourself.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
PRS guitars are nice but I much prefer flamed maple, your effect you have looks like someone has pooed all over it.

Each to his own I guess and I do kinda see what you mean actually, but I love quilted maple...I think it's beautiful!
Quote by alex0203

Is it your time of the month? gtfo, man.
He's just glad he got a new guitar.

It's pretty nice, wish i got a custom 24 though I'd probably go for the blue matteo one
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Thanks for all your nice comments guys!

Also, one thing I've learnt already is how amazing locking tuners are! I've never had any before and they make re-stringing so easy it's ridiculous!

EDIT: on that topic, if I were to put some on my other guitars, what would you reccommend and how much do you think they would be? I've heard good things about sperzel and gotoh tuners....
Last edited by idiotbox919 at Jan 10, 2009,
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! I'm jealous of your collection.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
Dude! I got my guitar from guitarvillage also in farnham!.....

Awesome shop!....I am getting my next PRS from there also.
GuitarVillage is an awesome shop! They have so much of my money and will soon have some more when I go in to get my new amp!

The ESP also came from the GuitarVillage during the summer!

On the topic of shops, if you're in the area I also recommend having a look round Anderton's in Guildford...it's not as good for guitars but they have recording gear, drums, keyboards, pianos etc. Very good, if, like me you like to dabble in a variety of instruments!
Jealousy Level 100%

I love PRS guitars. I love the Paul Allender signiture model, it looks amazing
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Quote by idiotbox919
On the topic of shops, if you're in the area I also recommend having a look round Anderton's in Guildford...it's not as good for guitars but they have recording gear, drums, keyboards, pianos etc. Very good, if, like me you like to dabble in a variety of instruments!

I have been into andertons and hated it. It almost like a supermarket.

Poor customer service in there also. I wouldn't even buy strings in that shop.

Mad love for guitarvillage and worldguitars.co.uk though, they know how to run a guitar shop!
Awesome great looking guitar!
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by SuperJoop
I have been into andertons and hated it. It almost like a supermarket.

Poor customer service in there also. I wouldn't even buy strings in that shop.

Mad love for guitarvillage and worldguitars.co.uk though, they know how to run a guitar shop!

Fair enough, don't get me wrong, GuitarVillage is a far superior shop and the customer service is fantastic....but if you need recording gear and stuff like that then you have to go to Anderton's

Is worldguitars a website only? Or does it have a shop too....I'm not keen on buying guitars off the internet!
Quote by idiotbox919
Fair enough, don't get me wrong, GuitarVillage is a far superior shop and the customer service is fantastic....but if you need recording gear and stuff like that then you have to go to Anderton's

Is worldguitars a website only? Or does it have a shop too....I'm not keen on buying guitars off the internet!

No there is a shop.

it is owned and governed by the guy who started machine head in london, those years ago.

The shop is awesome, it is an old court house or something.

Watch their youtube video's!!!!!! just search for worldguitars.
Quote by alex0203

Why would you think anyone cares about what you have to say? And don't say you don't care what people think about what you said, because you posted it on a forum so people could read your comment. That implies you thought your statement meant something, when in fact it does not.
Congrats, the new one's gorgeous, but I want that EG really bad. Nice gear sir, nice gear!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by SuperJoop
No there is a shop.

it is owned and governed by the guy who started machine head in london, those years ago.

The shop is awesome, it is an old court house or something.

Watch their youtube video's!!!!!! just search for worldguitars.

Thanks man, I'll have to head down there sometime!

Looks like they got some real nice guitars there, although it will be a while before I can afford anything like that!
Quote by Wulphy
Get the hell off this forum, you tool.

He has a valid point. I don't give a damn the guy got a new guitar I just want to see what the guitar looks like.
He called me a rapist and a recluse! Iam not a recluse!
-Mike Tyson
Quote by plasticplan
whoah. no pickup selector? i'm lost lol.

lol, don't worry there is a pickup selector....

It's one of the 5-way knob ones, so it just looks like the tone and volume ones....off the top of my head I'm not 100% sure which one it is (I've been at uni for the past 7 weeks, so I haven't been able to play it), but I think it's the back one at the top!

Also, thanks for the compliments on the EG, my brother will be pleased...does anyone have any idea how much it would be worth (We're not thinking of selling, just curious)?
Page 1 of 2