Before I get the Guitar Grimoire Scales and Modes, can anyone that has it tell me if the scales are shown in tab like this?

|----------------------3-5--|
|------------------3-5------|
|--------------2-4----------|
|----------2-5--------------|
|------2-5------------------|
|--3-5----------------------|

And what do you think of the Hal Leonard Music Theory for Guitarists book?
http://books-videos-music.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hal-Leonard-Music-Theory-for-Guitarists-Book-CD-Package?sku=943013
Last edited by ironazn at Jan 10, 2009,
I think that the latter book is better for you
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
no, there is a diagram of a guitar neck with the notes on it. its easy, you'll have no problem understanding what notes and where on the neck neck he is talking about
Why do you need a book? You can find all the scales and modes, as well as lessons explaining them, on UG for free...
The vast majority of the grimoire is redundant information, and it completely neglects the theory and application surrounding the concepts is lists. Don't waste your money.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by ironazn
Before I get the Guitar Grimoire Scales and Modes, can anyone that has it tell me if the scales are shown in tab like this?

|----------------------3-5--|
|------------------3-5------|
|--------------2-4----------|
|----------2-5--------------|
|------2-5------------------|
|--3-5----------------------|
You do know that any given scale covers the entire fretboard, right?
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed