So I'm getting a new phone sometime in the next week, and I was hoping The Pit could provide some insight (a tall order, I know).

So anyway, my choices are these

HTC Mogul

BlackBerry Curve

I'll mostly be using it for e-mail, web browsing, texting, and music, so the big keyboard on the Mogul is a very nice touch. On the other hand, the BlackBerry is much slimmer and lighter, but I don't know how it holds up performance-wise.

So yeah, if anyone has experiences with either of these, share 'em, and thanks a bunch.
it really depends on you personale preferance and what you do with your phone, its really hard to tell based just on looks.

ill never falter.ill stand my ground.

yes, i am a girl.
Blackberrys are cliched, I've never heard of Mogul, get a mogul
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by Supertait
Blackberrys are cliched, I've never heard of sprint...get a sprint

lol sprint is the carrier. ya know, the actual phone service provider lol

yes, i am a girl.
Actually it's not Sprint, it's ACS http://www.acsalaska.com/Cultures/en-US/ These are pretty much the only good phones they carry.

PinkEdit: nvm just reread those posts. That was weird
Last edited by which ones pink at Jan 10, 2009,
I had to have my Blackberry replaced in the first month after I bought it. I haven't had a problem since, but still...

HTCs are not much better, though, I hear.

The problem with smartphones is that they're easy to **** up. I should know, working for tech support for a major Canadian carrier. I tend to see more issues with the smartphones (iPhones and Blackberries actually have their own respective tech support departments because of the number of issues everyone seems to have with them) than with your typical cell phones.

But hey, you can't really go too wrong with a Blackberry. The user interface isn't very hard to master, and they're fairly expandable.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Quote by which ones pink
Actually it's not Sprint, it's ACS http://www.acsalaska.com/Cultures/en-US/ These are pretty much the only good phones they carry.

PinkEdit: nvm just reread those posts. That was weird

wow you live in alaska? my god parent used to live there, it was so damn pretty when i went to vist.

yes, i am a girl.
^^Well smartphones are really the only choice I have, as my service doesn't have any decent normal phones. Thanks for the advice

^It is always beautiful here, even though it's been about 10-20 below zero for the past couple of weeks
Quote by Lurcher
Forget the Curve, The Bold kicks it in every way.

Actually I would switch to AT&T and get a Bold, but ACS has way better coverage than AT&T. I can get cell service almost anywhere, while my iPhone toting friends have problems outside of major cities.
Last edited by which ones pink at Jan 10, 2009,
the iPhone
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Its still hair, you know.
get the blackberry curve. I have it and I love it. It's super easy to "mod it" and change lots of stuff about it. It's fast and I've had no issues with it, the trackball is really neat also.

And beware, it is a crackberry.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
I hear a lot of great things about the blackberry so get that
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by SMH07

ftw

why have a keyboard on a mobile phone, that never made sense to me
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by radomu
why have a keyboard on a mobile phone, that never made sense to me

i dunno tbh lol.. its a business phone so it makes typing easier i guess. but all round its a good phone.
Quote by SMH07
i dunno tbh lol.. its a business phone so it makes typing easier i guess. but all round its a good phone.

maybe because you guys type english and me being japanese and I can connect with others in Japan though my language, which is dead easy to type on a number key phone, I don't have that problem.
But yeah that's true, it's a pain in the ass to type english sentences on those keys.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron