Why do people hate this system? I look for other guitars with Edge Pro, but can't find any affordable ones.

Can anyone give me pros and cons of this?
Pros:
Swaps for Original FR and Gotoh FR
Cons:
Made of paper-mache
comes on the affordable Ibanez RG's
It's a POS.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Pros:
Swaps for Original FR and Gotoh FR
Cons:
Made of paper-mache
comes on the affordable Ibanez RG's
It's a POS.

Great reasoning.
Well I rarely use mine it works great alot of it is keeping it maintained properly if you do that it should last you a while.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Sweet, that's all I want. People make it seem to fall apart like in a month.
Quote by TSelman
Sweet, that's all I want. People make it seem to fall apart like in a month.

No dude mines been used for a year and a half, my buddy owned it for a year and ive owned it for about 6 months and it still goes fine the only reason it really goes out of tune is because its f-ing cold in nebraska. Just dont abuse it and keep it maintained properly and it should be good for a while.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Every week I see a few people crying to UG about their Edge III: "My strings are going out of tune!" "My fine tuners are unresponsive!" "My saddle's broken!" It is ridiculous. I can't begin to comprehend how or why Ibanez makes such awesome trems on their S guitars and such shit trems on their RG guitars.
My Gear:
Ibanez ART300 electric
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt combo amp
Yamaha FG-130 acoustic

There is no God.
^its not because the trems are ****. i do admit that they are alittle lower quality than they should be but theyre not ****. most people you hear complaining eaither a) abuse the **** out of it without taking care of it(ie, preventive maintanence) or b)have never actually used one for longer than 5 minutes but because every1 else says their **** they say it too.

they are actually decent trems if you take care of it. the MOST important thing about floyds: learn HOW the work and learn how to keep them working. once you learn that everything negative people say about floyds will not concern you.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
They suck.

Okay, they don't suck. They're cheap equipment which acts like cheap equipment should. Under normal use, it might last you a while. People who don't touch their trem all but occasionally swear by their EIIIs, and all power to them. When you start to abuse one, it starts to wear and tear. Saddles snap, trem plate is made of something that has low stress tolerance (it can bend and further on shatter), knife edges are untreated steel - and yes, they'll go dull.

Like a common budget car, in normal day to day driving it might last you a long long time on just the basic maintenance, even if it's a Chevy Cobalt. Only when you take it to the track that it becomes apparent how unfit it is. By that analogy, it's not that you shouldn't get a guitar with Edge III, you just won't be doing yourself a favour if you get one with the intention to beat the shit out of it. Because at that, you'll succeed, and it'll fail.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by Lethal Dosage
No dude mines been used for a year and a half, my buddy owned it for a year and ive owned it for about 6 months and it still goes fine the only reason it really goes out of tune is because its f-ing cold in nebraska. Just dont abuse it and keep it maintained properly and it should be good for a while.

funny, i thought that Floyd Roses were designed to be abused. i know the LFR on my Jackson can take a beating, it was a floor model and since i've bought it home (about four or five days ago), i haven't needed to tune it once. the manager said he would give me a job at the store if i could put it out of tune, and i'm still trying.

before i owned my jackson, i briefly owned a Ibanez js100, it came with an Edge III trem, i couldn't tune it properly much less keep it in tune. And the thing that baffled me the most is that pulling up on the bar would tighten the strings (pull up enough and the low E which was supposed to be an E but because of the trem was an Eb, went back to an E).
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Yeah i don't touch mine !
It stays in tune this way, if i mess around with it, the guitar will start to go out of tune, as people say cheap tremelo.
Just don't touch it ;-)