I'm using a seymore duncan blackout in an ibanez rgr08ltd, great guitar btw, with a peavey valve king.
I has a sound that just invites me to turn it up but as soon as i get to about 2.5-3 (8:30-9:00) and i'm not playing i get awfull feed back at a constant pitch. if i mute the strings with both hands it doesnt stop.
I'm pretty sure it's the pickup because it doesnt happen with my other ibanez and when i hold the pickup firmly it stops feeding back...

Because it is an active pickup it is totally sealed, this means that wax potting is out of the question. So what else can i do short of changing the pickup? I want to be able to pause in a song with out a mid range hum taking over the song.
Put foam over the trem springs.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Active PUs have greater outputs than passive & are generally less noisy. When this one was installed was it properly grounded?
Moving on.....
oneblackened: It's fixed bridge

KenG: I dont know, how would i go about checking?

i have put some sponge in the cavity under the pickup but this has had little effect.
Ibanez RGR08LTD
Spear Gladius [with BKP Nailbombs] (soon)

Peavey valve king 212
Orange 212 cab

Pedals of assorted typed
OPen up the cavity and check the ground wiring.
The PUs cables will probably have a shield with bare ground wire, these need to soldered to the back of the Pots.
Then the backs of all pots are strung together and there should be a ground wire (bare or maybe black) & probably solid core vs stranded wire, which goes to the bridge to ground it ( this is why when you touch strings on a noisy guitar it should get quieter!).
If unsure an ohm meter can be used to check continuity.
Moving on.....