hey there I am looking for some suggestions actually. I prefer gauges .11-.48 but I dont like buying those damn ernie ball power slinks. they only last like a week and I hate it my BC Rich mockingbird has a FR and having to have my strings changed every week becomes a pain you know? does anyone know of strings in 11-48 that will last a long time?
"Nice boys don't play rock n' roll" - Axl Rose in (Nice Boys cover)
Ernie ball coated power slinkies?

Honestly D'addario and GHS come in .011-.049 and .011-.050 respectively. There's not that much difference.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I don't think any of the coated strings are any good for electric. They kill your harmonics and the coating comes off and hurts your tone. I think the DRs are the best I've tried. The best tip I could tell you is to have clean hands and wipe your guitar neck and strings down after playing, your tone should be good for at least a month. A friend of mine was playing my guitar the other night and when I got up and played it the next day it was disgusting. I almost had to change strings but managed to clean them (they were brand new).
Last edited by Tempoe at Jan 10, 2009,
I use ernies and I have never had a problem with premature breakage, it is most likely either the fact that you have a floyd or that your guitar was built badly