I went to Guitar Center, and started browsing Overdrive pedals. After trying the Zakk Wylde MXR pedal, better than the SD-1 IMO. I tried out a Tech 21, never heard of them, and it goes from low dirt, slightly pushed amp, to Peavey 6505+ gain, whoever says you can't do metal with single coils, though it was br00tal with humbuckers. Sorry no pics, but here's one of them: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Tech-21-XXL-Guitar-Edition-Overdrive-Stomp-Box-with-Warp-151798-i1124578.gc . Got it for only $59, perfect condition. Turns out no one carries Tone Drivers.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Cmon, don't be shy!
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
those suck... go back and ask if you can a>b one of those with a fulltone OCD or zvex box of rock.

nothing further on the subject until you do that.
It doesn't suck. The reviews are mostly popular, a few people didn't like the '90s ones, but the ones usually got a 7 or higher. Ever used one? It keeps the tone of my Deluxe pretty well.
Quote by chip46
Last edited by lespaul#1 at Jan 10, 2009,
I tried several better pedals, it depends on the amp you have, I like the Maxon OD-808, but don't have $130, the only problem is the lack of true bypass. Did you play it through a Solid State amp? It sounds great through my Deluxe Reverb, better than the Valvetronix at the store.
Quote by chip46
I've heard only good things about the Tech 21's but the Fulltone OCD wipes the floor with anything i've ever tried!
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Never used a Fulltone, wanted to though. Caged, I guess sucks is a subjective thing, the way some people love Deans, and others hate em.
Quote by chip46
Can I use my Boss Adaptor for it?
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
Never used a Fulltone, wanted to though. Caged, I guess sucks is a subjective thing, the way some people love Deans, and others hate em.

I've used lots of OD pedals over the years, & the OCD wins by a large margin. If I could keep only one pedal the rest of my life, the OCD would be it.

BTW-lespaul#1----I tried to pm you. I have some great news for you (hopefully), but your inbox was full. Clear some stuff out & pm me soon. When I explain, you'll understand why !!!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Go ahead and PM me. Me neither Caged, half the n00bz at GC using Spiders do, but do they really count? What exactly don't you like about it.
Quote by chip46
Uhh, a Telecaster, played by someone with a B on his hand? Riffhog, are you gonna PM me?
Quote by chip46
So, you don't like your Telecaster?
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
So, you don't like your Telecaster?

wait... what? i thought i was answering why no one likes deans. i don't like deans, because there is only room in my heart for 1 guitar, and that is my tele.

i got confused.
Oh, I meant why don't you like the XXL, that Telecaster looks sweet, what model is it?
Quote by chip46
oh.. the xxl's not too terrible... heh. i was talking about the wilde one.

its an 05 amer. deluxe with a SD 59 and SD jazz burstbucker pro with tapcoils.
Oh, I thought we were arguing over the XXL, the Wylde's ok, but the XXL has much more tubelike tone, it doesn't change my amps original signal, and no noise behind a small hum.

Lespauledit: Can I use my Boss 9V adaptor for it? It fits in the slot.
Quote by chip46
you should be able to. if you're gonna have multiple pedals going, i'd look into a 1spot. its about 25 bucks for that and a 5 spot daisychain... and it'll power the xxl for sure.

i almost bought an xxl a few months ago... ended up with a Cmatmods brownie that i kept for about 3 days instead!
They're really good. I have http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-ToneCore-DC-1-Power-Adapter-103018057-i1129073.gc It won't destroy my pedal, will it?
Quote by chip46
Cmon guys, will it fry the pedal, it's at stake here!
Quote by chip46
good god, cant go 13 minutes without attention?

you oughtta be fine... but you could check out tech 21's website while you wait for my next post.
I don't need attention. just don't want to kill the battery, and have nothing to use.
Quote by chip46
I usually get nervous when people want to use some other adapter with there new pedal. Either get the one the Manf. specifies or match volts, milliAmps, and polarity.

Necrophagist777 has a MXR Zakk pedal and loves it. I use a Bad Monkey. There is also an OD thread in stickies.

The DC-1 worked fine with my DS-1. It outlived half the ones other people have, so, can I use it, the Tech 21 site says 10Q-120V, and the Adapter is 9V.
Quote by chip46
if you unplug the input while you're not using it, it wont mess with battery life.

fwiw... those aren't big battery eaters like boss's or other low budget pedals. you probably wont have an issue with it... i prefer non-battery power in my dirt pedals because the sound more like what the builder intended with they're at full strength.

but the xxl should run for months and months on 1 9v.
If it runs for months, I won't change use the adaptor, I use it a lot, is that still gonna let it last for months?
Quote by chip46
maybe you should just unplug the input 1/4" while you're not "pounding out teh brootalz"
But, last time, I can use the adaptor, right?
Quote by chip46
i feel compelled to answer ambiguously since i've already said yes a few times.... but yes... its fine.

since you'll probably ask again, though:

yeah... it'll do.
Ok, sorry, I'm just paranoid about my gear, thanks for answering, I appreciate it.
Quote by chip46