This maybe a stupid question (I'm full of them), but I was looking at a Tab book for Pink Floyd at a store and one of the songs- Marooned, shows notes being played on the 28th fret or so...what is the correct way to hit these? Kinda confused about this..

Thanks for any info, it is appreciated.
Gear-
MIM Strat Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Fender Champion 600 amp
Seagull Coastline S6 GT
bending or tapping with a thimble
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Huge bend, fret against pickup, use a slide, find the right harmonic, etc. That's if it's on the high E of course otherwise just go up a string.
No, it is indeed the 28th fret..
Marooned cannot be played without a pitch shift pedal, like the one Gilmour himself uses.
So it's definalty no typo or something..
Luckily my GT-10 has one :p
Get a Caparison guitar
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
In the case of David Gilmour solos it's likely to be one of two things:

1 - Pitch shifter pedal (most likely Digitech WH-1 but a lot of multi-effects also have them)

2 - A slide, used over the body of the guitar you can get very high notes; I'm pretty sure Gilmour has done this in the past as has Duane Allman.

The other option is the Bumblefoot style thimble idea; basically using a thimble as a tiny slide and playing the same way as a slide over the body.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yea if I recall david gilmour is known for bending 2 or 3 whole steps up.
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
Gilmour uses some kind of pitch shifter to play those epic high notes in Marooned
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
david used a digitech whammy for that note (think it's like an octave jump on the whammy, probably just playing a note at the 16th fret on whatever string it says).
fret the 28th fret and pluck the string or fret the 27th fret and bend up a semi-tone and pluck the string
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
fret the 28th fret and pluck the string or fret the 27th fret and bend up a semi-tone and pluck the string

Well that's nice if you have a guitar that has 28 frets.
every guitarist should have 28 frets, it's just plain unprofessional not to
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0

im fairly certain he wouldnt be asking if he had 28 frets....
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Hmm, I need to get me a pitch shift pedal.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
It could very well be a slide, i havent listened to that track in quite a while, but the tabs for songs like high hopes has very high fret because its on a pedal steel where u slide past the frets over the pickups.
'07 MIM Strat
Maple Neck
Black Finish
Black Pickguard
Black EMG SA set
Planet Waves Locking Tuners

Roland JC-77 Jazz Chorus

Boss PW-2 Power Driver
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby Original Wah
Footswitch for Amp chorus
Boss Flanger