I just got a new gibson faded flying v and i am going to get it set up with at least 10s because i have 10s on my strat but i was told 10s would feel like nines compared to my strat because of the lenght. should i go 10s or 12s. what do you guys use. thanks
it will have slightly less string tension but it shouldn't make a whole lot of difference. look at the bright side though, if it's like when I switched from my old Ibanez to my Schecter I was able to bend one to two semitones higher almost immediately.
why not 11s?

try it with 10s first, though, you might be fine. the 24.75" scale is quite a bit slacker, but not just as much as a whole gauge change, imo.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
11s are a good middle ground.... give 11's a try
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him acheive world dominance.