I am looking for a good guitar for glam metal/80s hard rock, that would preferably be under $800. The stuff I would want it to have is:

24 frets
FR or FR copy (a good one)
Preferably something that looks like it is from the 80s
Preferably a superstrat shape

I was looking at This in either white or inferno red, if the red is bright enough.

Also, I was looking at Ibanezes, but all of the ones in my price range have the edge III, and I don't want that.

EDIT: it will be mainly for playing stuff like Mötley Crüe, W.A.S.P., Quiet Riot, Guns n Roses, etc.
Carvin Tele (11/21/11 )
Epi Sheraton II
Agile AL3100
Fender MIM Strat
Squier Vintage Modified Tele
Epiphone something or other acoustic

Last.FM
Last edited by deadgearsrising at Jan 10, 2009,
Yeah man, that Jackson is awesome
I really want it, that fretboard is gorgeous.

Other guitars that you might like? Maybe just get a KNE guitar body like the San D (they have 1 pickup and routed for floyd roses) and slap a neck on. You can find them on ebay.
Vintage Kramer guitars.

/thread
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
there is an awesome kramer in that price range, look it up at musiciansfriends
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.
B.C Rich Mockingbirds can get the job done, look at the 800 dollar one.
No means maybe
You should look at Kramer, Kramer, Kramer and if you're not sure, try Kramer.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Ibanez RG, oh wait, sorry.
That jackson is sweet though.
It was just a bit too pricey when I bought my last guitar,so I ended up
with an RG.
LifeSucks
PeopleDie
F*ckTheWorld
LetsGetHigh
80's Strikers were plywood bodies. Look into 80's Kramer Focus models, OFR, decent pickups but those can be changed, made in Japan by ESP and go for around $250-$400 depending on who you buy from.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
80's Strikers were plywood bodies. Look into 80's Kramer Focus models, OFR, decent pickups but those can be changed, made in Japan by ESP and go for around $250-$400 depending on who you buy from.

Listen to DSOTM. He knows what he's talking about. Especially with Kramer's.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
Listen to DSOTM. He knows what he's talking about. Especially with Kramer's.

You trying to get sigged?
Quote by DSOTM80
You trying to get sigged?

Possibly... It is true though; your the member I'd ask for info on a vintage Kramer, as, well, you own two.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
If you want a Kramer, like all these guys seem to think, just don't get a new one. Old ones are cool, and new ones may look cheap, but they aren't nearly as good as the old ones.
check out the BC Rich Gunslinger Retro.
gear

Epiphone SG-400
Agile AL-3100
Schecter Damien-7 (EMG 707 swap)
Peavey JSX Head
Peavey 412 Cab
Boss GT-10
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic
Last edited by Demonazzz at Jan 10, 2009,
Go to the Carvin site and look at a Bolt. They're factory direct so you can add a whammy bar for like $30. I was soooo close to buying one last summer, but I didnt feel like waiting a couple months for it.
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
Quote by Les Paul Ell
If you want a Kramer, like all these guys seem to think, just don't get a new one. Old ones are cool, and new ones may look cheap, but they aren't nearly as good as the old ones.

I don't seem to think he should get any specific brand, he should get something that feels good to him and if he gets a Kramer then so be it. I was only saying that 80's Strikers were plywood. Also the new Kramer USA models are anything but cheap.

Anyways, word is directly from Kramer that they are releasing a bunch of new models for this year at Winter NAMM, closing Music Yo (already done, site doesn't work anymore) and having them in stores only now, trying to get a piece of the market. Interesting to see what they come up with. Might be worth the wait. Also, the Gunslinger is also a good option, a lot of good options out there right now so look around.
jackson or charvel, also look used Ibanez you can get a good deal used.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

The DK2M in white is my favourite Super Strat for under $1200 (AUS).
It plays great, sounds great, and looks great too. The inferno red is actually quite bright, and looks great too, but I've always been a sucker for white guitars...

Also look at second hand Kramers and Charvels. They were the pinnacle of 80s metal guitars back in the day.
Member of the Laney Cult
look for the 80s Jackson Superstrats.

or look for the Fender Katana. if you can find one.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ