Read the Faq forum and played 3 of the basses at my guitar center and i really thought all three were pretty good for what i know about bass. My question is, out of the squier p-bass, ibanez gsr200 and the Yamaha on listed on the starter bass suggestions ( can't think of the model), which is the most versatile/best sounding ofr the price. If they are all fairly equal i'd probably pick the ibanez since i like the shape, style the best. Any help or info would be appreciated
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Wampler Triple Wreck Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
Don't get the yamaha, it's gross and terrible to play. If you like the ibanez, get it, it's a solid choice.
hmm well your a guitar player so i dunno the ibanez is closer to a guitar (more frets etc.) never played the yamaha but id definately go for one of the others. like you suggested they are pretty equal, try them both and pick which you prefer.
Last edited by 4 strings at Jan 10, 2009,
get the gsr200, i love mine
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
Quote by tbirds1013
get the gsr200, i love mine

second that, get yourself some rotosounds and it will be great to start off with
this.

I have a feeling you're talking Squier affinity, the Ibanez is almost on terms with the VM tonewise.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by schaden
second that, get yourself some rotosounds and it will be great to start off with

dont by ghs bass boomers they suck
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!