When I play songs that involve like sliding and such I dip my fingers in vegetable oil to make it easier so there's less friction. Could this harm the neck or the strings at all? If it does does anyone know any substitute I can use?
Quote by Imme94
I dip my penis in vegetable oil to make it easier so there's less friction.

stop it, its bad for technique
lp345: It's a virus
rage6945: i went on a little bit torrent spree and got Jay-z's black album
nebno6:Maybe it's god punishing you for having a bad music taste.
nowa90:UGNED!!
doesnt sound good for the strings but idk... i forget who it was but some famous guitar player said the best time to play is after you eat a salami sandwich, because its so greasy and you hands are smoother from that. so.. try eating more salami? not as bad for the strings id think
Well, it might have a damaging effect on your balls. You can't slide along the neck without vegetable oil?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Coated string usually slide a little better. Maybe that would help.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
My spontaneous reaction was "that'll **** up the sound of the strings quick".

My second thought was: "naa he can't be serious"
"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people.. Otherwise, there would be no religious people."
Quote by Dr. X
Something like this maybe?

You need this stuff, makes sliding easier and gives you a brighter sound, plus it won't damage your strings.
What I thought was that

1. it helps slide
2. the oil helps prevent rusting...

but thats just me.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Lol well I obviously am sliding wrong! Because when I try my fingers just don't go as fast as they are supposed to...they stop and slow down and it's just a horrible sight. So the most it'll do is wear down the stings right? It won't hurt the guitar will it?
Use lube that'll work better and people will open your guitar case and think you're getting loads of pussy.
Quote by Imme94
Lol well I obviously am sliding wrong! Because when I try my fingers just don't go as fast as they are supposed to...they stop and slow down and it's just a horrible sight. So the most it'll do is wear down the stings right? It won't hurt the guitar will it?

I know how you feel, my acoustic used to do that. I doubt it would hurt your guitar. Fast fret is very cheap though, I've had my stick for a year and only a tiny amount is gone. Elixirs are really smooth strings as well and last very long.
Quote by Imme94

try changing the strings your fingers might be getting hung up on them
not good for strings
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Grease it up!
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Try butter. I hear it's faster because it was specifically made for sliding on guitar strings.
try cutting open your fingers, i heard it helps
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Quote by Soadfan8
doesnt sound good for the strings but idk... i forget who it was but some famous guitar player said the best time to play is after you eat a salami sandwich, because its so greasy and you hands are smoother from that. so.. try eating more salami? not as bad for the strings id think

That was Wes Montgomery who said that.

To TS, either your sliding technique is sub-par (this would be horrible taken out of context ) or your strings need some cleaning.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST