Now i'm wondering if theres any suggestions so we can get as tight as possible when we play even though there are bound to be some mistakes.

Any ideas? Any advice is appreciated
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
practice?
Quote by horny_cactus
Who's Rick Roll? Sorry for my ignorance I just joined this forum so I don't yet Know that member.
well yeah we're gonna practice alot obviously, but any other tips soundwise to do certain types of eq? things we should focus on?
GEAR:
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
don't overscoop your mids

and don't get into volume oneupmanship

EDIT: TRUST THE SOUNDMAN AND BE NICE TO HIM
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Last edited by Dopey_Trout at Jan 10, 2009,
practice your set alot

and make sure your to keep all ur volumes about the same cause it sucks to have one guy louder than another
Frontbassman sucks in the nicest way possible

Kevin and Kelsey 12-03-2007

Quote by Dopey_Trout
don't overscoop your mids

and don't get into volume oneupmanship

EDIT: TRUST THE SOUNDMAN AND BE NICE TO HIM

this this this this

if you remember nothing else ALWAYS remember this
Quote by dmiwshicldply
this this this this

if you remember nothing else ALWAYS remember this

haha alright no prob thanks alot for the suggestions i heard another way is if you play slightly higher gain stuff to lower your gain? we play hardcore/metalcore i guess you can say.
GEAR:
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Quote by Ryohazuki
haha alright no prob thanks alot for the suggestions i heard another way is if you play slightly higher gain stuff to lower your gain? we play hardcore/metalcore i guess you can say.

the increased volume will add a fair amount of gain

and too much will make your sound over saturated and muddy
Quote by fleajr_1412

At practices, work on your showmanship. Practice moving around like you're on stage, make sure you can play without looking at your hands, practice like it's actually the gig.

When you're on stage, don't get overly worked up and worried. Just trust yourself and you'll do fine. I was so nervous before my first gig because it was a showcase show at the famous Stone Pony in Asbury Park, NJ and it was my first time playing with this band. First song I was pretty scared, but then I got into it and trusted what I was doing and it turned out great.
Quote by JakdOnCrack
At practices, work on your showmanship. Practice moving around like you're on stage, make sure you can play without looking at your hands, practice like it's actually the gig.

+1

also stand in the positions you would take at a gig so you don't get overly dependent on seeing what everyone else is doing
Quote by fleajr_1412

Yeah no doubt thats what we're gonna work on as well. It's mainly our first gig together as a band but we all have some kind of experience gigging. At any rate, thanks for the advice everyone! its much appreciated.
GEAR:
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator