Here's the story:

I want to travel to a foreign country (I live in the USA) for a semester or so during my 11th year in high school. Recently, I have learned I have relatives in Sweden (which is where I originally wanted to go) who would be happy to take me.

My question:

Does anyone have any knowledge on things like this? How would I go about getting into a school near them? I could email them if I could get my relatives to find an email address. How would I get the credits onto my record so I don't have to redo a semester at my current school?

Any help would be great.

EDIT: I can speak a fair amount of Swedish.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Last edited by Wulphy at Jan 10, 2009,
I have two friends who went to America to study. Both of them were pretty scarred when they came back though, and they both had to repeat the school year.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Can you speak Swedish?

Yes, my mother and grandmother have taught me a good amount, the rest I can learn via Rosetta Stone, or something similar.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
First, email desired school and see if it's possible, then go talk to your guidance counsil at your school. They will know what to do.

you in college or high school?

EDIT: nvm, junior high. right. dunno if that's possible that early in school
"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people.. Otherwise, there would be no religious people."
Last edited by vampt at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by vampt
First, email desired school and see if it's possible, then go talk to your guidance counsil at your school. They will know what to do.

you in college or high school?

EDIT: nvm, junior high. right. dunno if that's possible that early in school

No, a junior in high school, meaning 11th grade. I am currently a freshman, in 9th grade.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Talk to your guidance counselor. Ask about any school year abroad programs. Find contact information for your relatives in Sweden, as any program will need it.

In addition, you will need to talk to the school that you wish to go to in Sweden. This can be done by yourself, but many times is done by the program you apply to. For example, in Houston, TX, there is a program called High School Abroad or something, they help you do all the work, ie. Visa's, contacting schools, transferring credits etc. However, you need to apply.
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.