the practice amp ive had for almost a year now has served me well, but its starting to become a pain in the neck. i need a good sized amp for not much cash, say between 50 to 100 watts, 75 is good, im tryin not to go over $350 though, definately needs to be a trusted company maybe have some effects, i was looking at a line 6 spider III 75w but im not sure, PLEASE HELP!!!
Quote by TripleR26
the practice amp ive had for almost a year now has served me well, but its starting to become a pain in the neck. i need a good sized amp for not much cash, say between 50 to 100 watts, 75 is good, im tryin not to go over $350 though, definately needs to be a trusted company maybe have some effects, i was looking at a line 6 spider III 75w but im not sure, PLEASE HELP!!!

I really like the Line 6 you mentioned....my friend just got one for christmas and it is REALLY cool to play with. There is one downside though, and that is that it is a solid state amp. Apart from that though, REALLY COOL amp.
Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Quote by carlyroxmysox
I really like the Line 6 you mentioned....my friend just got one for christmas and it is REALLY cool to play with. There is one downside though, and that is that it is a solid state amp. Apart from that though, REALLY COOL amp.

but hey personal tastes

Peavey Vypyr, Roland Cube, VOX VT series are good amps and has all the things you want.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
How about you tell us what sort of music you play. That way we can help you far more effectively, just telling us the wattage isn't enough, you know!

By the way, what do you want to go for? Solid-State, or Tube? Although, if I can guess from your budget, you probably will go for an SS amp...

btw, when you say "trusted company", what exactly do you mean?
My Signal Chain:

Gibson 1974 Les Paul Custom
Vox AC-30 cc2 combo
JAM Pedals Tubedreamer +

Nigel will always be 1 louder than you!
Quote by Zooropean11

i think he means a company that doesnt make unreliable amps. *cough* BUGERA *cough* BEHRINGER *cough*
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Don't waste your money on a line 6 spider 3. It will either:
1) Break very quickly
2) You will get very tired of it after a while and realize the tone sucks.

Get a Peavey vypyr. Sounds great, they have a $300 75w model, and it has effects.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
i think he means a company that doesnt make unreliable amps. *cough* BUGERA *cough* BEHRINGER *cough*

Well here I was thinking that he might have meant Marshall. You know what I mean!
My Signal Chain:

Vox AC-30 cc2 combo
JAM Pedals Tubedreamer +

OP, what styles are you going to be playing?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Peavey Vyprs scare me, I went to play one, and someone had every effect on. It screeched, and then some kid playing with a $300 Dean through a SPider was like: "Nice job". I can't tell if he was sarcastic or not.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
b-52 AT-112 for $360

or you could go used
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by Zooropean11
How about you tell us what sort of music you play. That way we can help you far more effectively, just telling us the wattage isn't enough, you know!

By the way, what do you want to go for? Solid-State, or Tube? Although, if I can guess from your budget, you probably will go for an SS amp...

sorry forgot, i play alot of hard rock and some light 80's metal, kinda like randy rhoads era ozzy, and by a trusted company i just meant an amp that would be well known and be pretty reliable and either solid state or tube doesnt matter,
Used Peavey ValveKing 112, should run you $250. Yea - I said it.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by gregs1020
Used Peavey ValveKing 112, should run you $250. Yea - I said it.

eh that would work but...
a b-52 combo would be better
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
The best choice for that sort of musci style is obviously Marshall's JCM 800, but seeing as that cost more than 4 times the price you want to pay, I'd say go with a used Peavey Valveking 112...
My Signal Chain:

Vox AC-30 cc2 combo
JAM Pedals Tubedreamer +