So, i recently saw an 88 MIJ Fender Strat on Ebay for 600 bucks (http://cgi.ebay.com/1988-Fender-Stratocaster-Made-In-Japan-MIJ_W0QQitemZ290287842024QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item290287842024&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50). i currently have an MIM Strat, and i was wondering, how much of a difference would there be? Is the MIJ worth 600 bucks? How is it compared to MIA Strat's?

thanks
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Japanese made guitars are nice, and it's probably a little higher quality than the MIM, but not by much. I don't think it's worth 600 bucks. If I was you, I would just mod your MIM Strat instead.
Strats & Seagulls
aren't the 80's Jap Strats consideed to be better than MIA's?
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
I didnt hear any real sound difference between my MIJ and a MIA. And my 1989 MIJ is considerably lighter than most guitars. Id say grab the jap
I wouldn't even consider an MIA to be much of an upgrade from an MIM, barring the pickups. Regardless I wouldn't buy two guitars of the same design; if you've got money to burn, buy a Tele or an LP or something. Don't replace your guitars, add to the collection.
im sorry to be bringing this thread back from the dead, but i ran into this
a strat with a FR? is this an original strat?

EDIT: this one as well
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Last edited by alexdoabismo at Jan 10, 2009,