I recorded that little shred demo in my profile about something else a while ago, and I figure it's time to ask -- how does that sound for 2 years of playing?
I can barely hear it but it might just be my computer. But from what i can hear it definitely sounds good in terms of shred. I say this because I can't stand shred music but it sounds like what is considered good.
it has no volume?! why?!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Quote by Sudaka
it has no volume?! why?!

It's got volume, it might just have been recorded not very loud i guess. Turn up your speakers.
well you clearly have some speed... but I honestly have to ask...do you know exactly what your playing? It sounds like you have the ability to play the notes quickly (guessing this is improv more or less) but there is little structure to the style ( I think i heard three different keys with chromatic notes thrown here and there.).

You need to focus on smoothly connecting you scales by learning the fret board more through just learning where (more or less) the scales are and how they work together... also... Your bending was ok, but it doesn't exactly fit into the tune and it doesn't serve much purpose to the improv. You need a bend/vibrato that fits your style.

Overall *well you clearly have speed... but I honestly have to ask...do you know exactly what your playing? It sounds like you have the ability to play the notes quickly (guessing this is improv more or less) but there is little structure to the style (I heard what I think i heard at least two different keys with chromatic notes throne in on both of them).

You need to focus on smoothly connecting you scales by learning the fret board more through just learning where (more or less) the scales are... also... Your bending was ok, but it doesn't exactly fit into the tune.

Overall your making good progress for someone who has only played for two years and it sounds like you have the potential to be an excellent lead player. If you aren't already... I would seriously recommend getting lessons from a highly experienced guitarist who has preferably gone to college for music to give you lessons for a while. This is what I did (two years into my playing as well) and it gave me a much greater understanding of how to string things together. I don't know how you practice but let me give you a piece of advice that my first guitar teacher gave me... "Playing guitar for rock or metal or whatever is like a cake... The rhythm is the actual cake, and the solos are the icing. Nobody wants to just eat cake, thats lame! And nobody wants to just eat icing because you'll get a headache!". make sure you develop your rhythmic skills as much as possible, because that is what makes a guitarist in whatever genre you play, but continue to improve your leads as well.

So yeah... your not bad, but you've got to realize there is a lot of guys out there who are really insane who we haven't heard of yet. Learn as much as you can from anyone you can and you'll be excellent. Good luck
Quote by firebird103
long post

It's sort of a warm-up/random improv. There were absolutely no chromatics in it, I don't know where you're hearing that. I'll work on my vibrato, but they were just half step bends, don't understand how that doesn't fit.

I mean, don't think I'd record this and call it a song or a solo, of course there would have to be more structure to it. This was showing what I can do.

Thanks for the feedback.
Quote by Brian 1.0
This was showing what I can do.

Thanks for the feedback.

well clearly you can't do much. pretty boring recording. volume needs up. speed is ok, but you need finesse. and i paused fear before to listen to that...
It's all about feel
Technique wise it was really good for two years, you have speed and it didn't sound sloppy, good job! But like firebird103 said, it did just kinda sound like a lot of fast notes which still sounded okay but I think if you work it out a little better as far as content wise you could be all set.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
it sounded very jumbled, and just a big slur of notes, i personally didnt enjoy it (im not a shred guy) i think that if you slow down,and articulate you're notes a little more, then it would be good
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by JWD32792
Technique wise it was really good for two years, you have speed and it didn't sound sloppy, good job! But like firebird103 said, it did just kinda sound like a lot of fast notes which still sounded okay but I think if you work it out a little better as far as content wise you could be all set.

I'll make a new recording when I get a new amp in a few weeks and have a tone I've been waiting for and paying good money for. I'll have some full-length songs for you to rate my content.

This is more what you think of the abilities.
As far as playing skill goes, you are MUCH better than I am. I can't shred (nor have I tried for that matter, but I know i can't).
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50