So as people pretty much all know, I just bought my Blackstar HT-5 with the 2 110 cabs... Well I got an offer today to buy a Epi Valve Junior thats practically brand new for $70... Theres no mods to it or anything... I thought about picking it up and using one speaker cab on each amp head and then running a splitter from my guitar cable into each head to kind of do it in stereo...

Has any one ever tried anything like this? How would it sound? And finally should I go for it?
I've always wanted to do that w/ an EVJ/ Blackheart /Pro Jr.

go for it
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Hey for $70, there's much worse thing's to buy.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by cliff_em_all

Like 10 watt MG's, or heroin

How're you liking the HT-5 TS?
Quote by guitardude34875
Quote by ShredGod George
Like 10 watt MG's

Fixed.

Heroin's a right laugh.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by ShredGod George
I've always wanted to do that w/ an EVJ/ Blackheart /Pro Jr.

go for it

Yeah I was thinking that it might sound kinda cool... Especially cranked... Cause the VJ has that nice bluesy tone that could offset the more overdriven sound of the Blackstar which could sound really nice, plus with an A/B switcher it could give my whole rig a ton of added versatility...
Quote by cliff_em_all

That is so true...
Quote by ShredGod George
Like 10 watt MG's, or heroin

How're you liking the HT-5 TS?

Im not much on heroin, so... lol

But man, Im loving this little amp... I need to crank it here sometime soon so I can EQ it properly, but right now it still sounds amazing... I love the amounts of tones that I can get out of it... Plus, for being a British amp, it has tons of really amazing cleans...
Quote by music_mike

But man, Im loving this little amp... I need to crank it here sometime soon so I can EQ it properly, but right now it still sounds amazing... I love the amounts of tones that I can get out of it... Plus, for being a British amp, it has tons of really amazing cleans...

I've been GAS'ing for one forever, hoping it wouldn't have all the disappointment like the egnater rebel did
Quote by guitardude34875
Well I tried the Egnater Rebel when I tried this one, just to humor the sales guy cause I knew I couldnt afford it, and I didnt think it was too bad, but for the price I feel that they could have done better... The tone was just lacking for me... Not to say that it sounded necessarily bad, it just didnt suit me, and 20 watts was more then I really needed... But I like the Blackstar more then the Egnater, hands down...

And honestly, I hadn't heard of them really until I played this one... But trust me, they sold me on their products...
Quote by music_mike
Well I tried the Egnater Rebel when I tried this one, just to humor the sales guy cause I knew I couldnt afford it, and I didnt think it was too bad, but for the price I feel that they could have done better... The tone was just lacking for me... Not to say that it sounded necessarily bad, it just didnt suit me, and 20 watts was more then I really needed... But I like the Blackstar more then the Egnater, hands down...

And honestly, I hadn't heard of them really until I played this one... But trust me, they sold me on their products...

All there other amp heads are 1,000+
my understanding of the company is that a bunch of people who desined amps for marshall, got tired of marshalls direction and decided to found their own company
never played the amps, but I love their pedals
Quote by guitardude34875
Well this one certainly does have a bit of a Marshall-y feel to it depending on how the ISF control is set...

And I've never played their pedals, but I love their amps... lol
Quote by music_mike
Well this one certainly does have a bit of a Marshall-y feel to it depending on how the ISF control is set...

And I've never played their pedals, but I love their amps... lol

Live near a major city?
I'm way out here in the middle of nowhere where the music stores dont stock the amps
Quote by guitardude34875
Yeah, I live just south of Ft. Worth... But I have to drive an hour to go to Arlington cause their GC is the best around here...
I think if you ABY them it would sound pretty badass. I'm sorry to hear you guys didn't like the Rebel. I had high hopes for that thing but the way you describe it, not so much.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
I think if you ABY them it would sound pretty badass. I'm sorry to hear you guys didn't like the Rebel. I had high hopes for that thing but the way you describe it, not so much.

Its cool, and sounds good, but didnt live up to the hype , everybody thought they were going to kill orange Tiny terrors ,Not even close
Quote by guitardude34875
Quote by ShredGod George
Its cool, and sounds good, but didnt live up to the hype , everybody thought they were going to kill orange Tiny terrors ,Not even close

I was one of those people. I expected to see TT's all over clist but only 2 or 3 popped up and it all died down. Kevin Saale tried it and he wasn't impressed either. Bummer, the whole tube mix deal seemed pretty innovative, and the company is known for making great stuff.
Win some, lose some I guess.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Yeah, I really like the fact that my head came as the stack, so now Im probably gonna go bat sh*t crazy buying the smaller (15 watt and less) heads that I can to try... lol

And the Tiny Terror is certainly toward the top of my list...