I have a an Ibanex rg350dx. It has excellent playability but its tone is a little lacking. Im thinking about getting new pick ups. I play almost exclusively death metal so im looking for something active. The bands I listen to are: Psycroptic, Necrophagist, Nile, Behemoth and the like. Any Ideas?

I hope this is the right forum, if not then if a mod could move that would rule.
Dimarzio X2N's have crazy high output
EMG 81/85 combo
EMG 60/85 combo
Seymour Duncan AHB-2's

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Do you want active or passive? EMGs are my personal favorite (I play the same type of music). But if you want to go passive, the DiMarzio D-Activators are pretty nice. What pickups do you have now?
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
I was going for one of them but got a jackson dk1 hardtail. Sounds soo good. Trade it in
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

Actives, then EMGs or Blackouts are your go to pickups. Perhaps Livewires, but I've never tried them, though they are Mustaine's signature pickups, and I have heard some decent things about them.

Passive, you still have plenty of choices. Dimarzio X2N are very high-output, and Dimarzio D Sonics are also good for metal as well as a wide array of other styles. Seymour Duncan JB's and '59's are good as well. I know one of the guitarists for Lamb of God, Mark Morton I think, has 59's in both the neck and bridge, and the sound is pretty aggressive. I think the guitarist for Nile uses Invaders as well.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.