Okay, so what I need to know is, is there anyway I can 'mimic' the effect of "Presence" on my amp? I heard somewhere that if you boost your mids slightly, thats kind of the same.

I need to mimic 6.5 presence on distortion
And 5.5 presence on cleans.

Any help is appreciated.
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

i always thought presence would be closer to treble, mess with that. my last two amps have presence switches (BV120 and 5150), and they resemble the tones that are all the way up there. but idk for sure
It's all about feel
Quote by hopespaul
i always thought presence would be closer to treble, mess with that. my last two amps have presence switches (BV120 and 5150), and they resemble the tones that are all the way up there. but idk for sure

Yeah, it's for the frequencies slightly higher than those controlled with the treble knob.

I think your best option would be to get an EQ pedal.
Why do you need to have those specific settings?
Well I know it's good to have anyway, but the reason I started this, is because I saw that there are presence settings for metallica. And I havent been able to really nail that tone, but ive gotten close so i figured presence would give the notes more definition, which is what I need.
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

Just noticed your current gear, it's not that which you're trying to get a Metallica type tone from is it?
If so, it's not gonna happen. And if you're set on getting a Hot Rod, you'll have just as hard a time.
metallica tone with squier? i hope you at least have humbuckers.
It's all about feel
No im not set on getting a Hot Rod. And I'm going to build a flying V style guitar with the best electronics and what-not I can find.

I'm going to do some research and find the best amp for metal.
Ive been told B-52's are good...

i have a 15w too but i'm upgradin very soon. If i were you, i wouldn't waste my money getting a new guitar, i would get a new amp, it's gonna be hard to play songs of ur choice on the 15w..