i just had a thread goin with different amps, i got some ideas but im still wondering how the spider III 75w is, cause i heard mixed feelings about it, i play mostly hard rock and classic metal, like rhoads era ozzy, i would also like 2 know if it can get a good crazy train sound out of it?
The 75 watt is horrible... THere are way better amps for that price...

I dont mind the smaller watt versions (cheaper) though...

Edit: I dont mind them for banging around the house... I couldnt ever play one for anyone...
Last edited by stangconv at Jan 10, 2009,
Use the ****ing searchbar!
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
the 75 watt one is a bit much, i don't particularly like the spider but really, if you need practice in an apartment with alot of versatility at low voloume, the 15w will do.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
i have a line 6 spider III and i think its amazing probably one of the better digital amps and if your looking for ozzy its got crazy train setting built right into it... i have a friend with a full marshall stack in his house and he says i have a great amp, thats saying something
Quote by msuspartan

Yeah I hear that's a great amp, "The ****ing Searchbar!"
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
Quote by hendrixfreak93

'tis true.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by hendrixfreak93

Beat out my friends Dr. Z Topicclose 30-watt when I tried it.

anyway, TS, there is much better for the price. What's your budget, genre(s), and artist tone(s) you want?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by snwboard333
probably one of the better digital amps

Definatley not, There are many much, much better modelling amps.

Flextone.
Duotune
And the god like Vetta series.

Im not trying to be a knob or rain on anyone's parade, as i've said teh spiders just really is for a person who need's versatility, on a budget for a practice amp.

That's all.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by snwboard333
i have a line 6 spider III and i think its amazing probably one of the better digital amps and if your looking for ozzy its got crazy train setting built right into it... i have a friend with a full marshall stack in his house and he says i have a great amp, thats saying something

I have to disagree...
My friend had a spider III and to me it sounds too digital to play anything imo
Fender 70s series Stratocaster
Vox V847A wah
Boss BF-3
Ibanez TS-9DX
My dad bought a 30 watt Spider III and I prefer my 20 watt Johnson over it. It's got some great spring reverb and gain. You can pretty much achieve any tone you want with it. I'm not sure if they are available everywhere though, I got it from a local guitar store.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
I have a line 6 spider III 15-watt, and you can hear the tone of the "insane channel" in a 20-second demo in my profile. Hope that helps a little.

The 15-watt only has 4 presets, 2 of which are halfway decent (Clean and Insane) the other 2 which require you to mess around with the settings A LOT to get anything halfway decent (Crunch and Metal.) I'd say for a beginner, it's a good digital modeling amp. You're not going to get the "Crazy Train" effects and stuff like that from the 15W though, the 75W is the one with more presets in it.

Personally, my taste in tone has changed rediculously from crunchy metal to OD with a touch of crunch and metal...so the amp really wore out of me.

Bottom line: If you're just starting, if you don't want to buy a load of pedals and stuff for your tones, if you just want a ^#$%^ing amp, there's a cheap, decent choice right here.
I believe this is another "TS won't come back to review the recommendations" thread.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
well what kinda amps do u guys suggest, my range is nothing above $350
Quote by TripleR26
well what kinda amps do u guys suggest, my range is nothing above $350

Genres?

Spiders are godawful. I have seen two halfstacks and a combo completely crap out right in fron of my eyes (twice at shows). One of the times was right in the middle of my friend's band's set . Point is - don't get one.
Quote by snwboard333

Haha... bet your friend has a Marshall MG stack...
Quote by stangconv
Since he asked about Crazy train....country?

XD *looks at first post* Huh, as usual I did something stupid because of my lazy-bastard-tl;dr-ness...

Anyway, this would work if you can pull out what little it is over $350;

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-60Watt-1x12-Tube-Combo?sku=480046

Quote by stangconv
Haha... bet your friend has a Marshall MG stack...

Thats for sure.
wow, now i know why you guys hate these threads, their ****in everywhere!

anyways to answer your question, i very much like my spider 3 75W, imo it gets great tones for jamming at home or small gigs. all the built in tones sound like sh*t but you can create some great ones if you know what your doing.
Quote by Dog--
Holy **** that is the single funniest thing I've ever heard, thanks grimguitarist91, hats off to you good sir.

B-52 is on sale for $360, someone linked it earlier so plus one.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
i had it. came with crap settings. changed it up a bit. did some decent eqing. end up sounding terrific. then sold it to a friend. and he loves the thing. of course it didn't sound anything like my tube amps. but not bad for a 75watt solid state. of course there are better amp within the price range. but if you ever get one don't regret it.
I don't want to put a curse on my spider 3 but all in all it is a descent amp.
If I were you I would check out Randall amps cuz they are the best IMO.
I have the 125 watt version and I love it so far, it is loud as ^&^%. It is not the best amp I have played on nor the worst. 99% of the presets suck but good tone is definitely feasible. Don't let all the haters fool you. Line6 makes good products, most of the people that bash them are trying to fit in with the pack. Line6 would be a most profitable company if all the people on this forum who bash their amps actually owned one or knew someone who owned one.
Quote by msuspartan

i know lol, i swear theres like 2 of these every day. Line 6 spider III <30w=great.
i guess its a matter of personal taste when it comes to the 75w> models, but i heard one and i didn't like it.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by mostly I hate u
I don't want to put a curse on my spider 3 but all in all it is a descent amp.
If I were you I would check out Randall amps cuz they are the best IMO.
I have the 125 watt version and I love it so far, it is loud as ^&^%. It is not the best amp I have played on nor the worst. 99% of the presets suck but good tone is definitely feasible. Don't let all the haters fool you. Line6 makes good products, most of the people that bash them are trying to fit in with the pack. Line6 would be a most profitable company if all the people on this forum who bash their amps actually owned one or knew someone who owned one.

Point 1: I agree that line 6 makes some very good products, but just about every brand will have at least 1 dodgy product aimed to trick beginners into buying a bigger amp than they need (the spider series in this case). The 15 watter is enough for practice, where you wouldn't need volume or particularly good tone, but the biggest, most expensive model offers more features, whilst not sounding any better than the 15 watter. It seems to me like you've got the "this brand is good, this brand is good" mentality based on the way you say "line 6 makes good products" and "check out randall amps, they are the best" - randall probably makes some crap amps too, among the reputable models.

Point 2: Just look at how well the spider sells - About 70% of the guitarists i know have either an MG or a spider, and the majority of them regret buying them. Not owning something also means nothing as to whether you know anything about it or not - I have to try all my guitars through either a spider or an MG before i buy them because that's what the shops round here plug you into.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.