Page 1 of 6
So i listen to alot of differnt metal bands where they scream. My friends listen to alot of diffrent stuff none of them listen to the same as me. There all saying that i listen to screamo just because they scream. It's the biggest load of bull**** i've heard about music. Anyone hear anyones better than that?
I listen to Eluveitie, and have been also denoted as a screamo fan.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Just that metal sounds like noise. Also that it is just power chords in drop tunings.

Most of the time both of those are wrong in my opinion.

EDIT: What is wrong with screamo/hardcore stuff though? I like the more melodic bands in those genres. The other ones are crap.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
God, I hate it when people call metal screamo. I also know several of those people who, when they hear anything with screaming/growling vocals, will just go "RAAAH RAAAH RAWR RAAAARGH."
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by SonataFanica
Metal is gay.

*Looks at Rob Halford*
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
that I might worship satan.
pisses me off because i'm far more well adjusted than them!
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by SonataFanica
Metal is gay.

Lol power metal
Nah jk, I'm a not a ignorant prick

Quote by GodofCheesecake
God, I hate it when people call metal screamo. I also know several of those people who, when they hear anything with screaming/growling vocals, will just go "RAAAH RAAAH RAWR RAAAARGH."

I agree 100%
A lot of my friends who aren't into metal call it all screamo. And while I do like screamo, I hate it when they think any band that has a screamer is automatically screamo. Makes me mad
Quote by AriseOnceMore
Then saty off a thread talking bout metal.... Simple answer.

Look at sig V V V
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
Quote by AriseOnceMore

Clearly, he was answering your question. His NAME is derived from a metal band...
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by SGibson666
Screamo is the gheyz

This Screaming is the worst thing thats happened to metal
Quote by AriseOnceMore

I think he meant that as a stereotype of metal, considering the bands in his sig are metal.

Metal is just power chords in dropped tuning is something I hear too much, way too much.
Clearly, he was answering your question. His NAME is derived from a metal band...[/QUOTENot my fault if i dont pay enough attention...
Quote by severed-metal
Learn to use the quote system buddy. Also, common sense would have been helpful here.

ok yeah i messed that one up but hopefully this one will work. and i dont understand why people are making a big deal about all of this now. i only asked if anyone had any better stereotypes than that one.
EDIT: Yeah it worked!
Quote by GaijinFoot
that I might worship satan.
pisses me off because i'm far more well adjusted than them!

agreed metallica was on the radio somewhere once and some kid started screaming "yay satan" meanwhile metallica has nothing to do with satan.. that and ozzy too people insist on believing hes the devil when hes got a massive cross around his neck.. its an annoying stereotype but it can be funny when someones afraid of you because of it
The one that I usually get is that all the lyrics are about death, satan and the like.

That and the whole "it's all just noise with no skill" thing.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I'm "emo" because I like metal.
I worship Satan,
It's just noise,
"RARGH RAWR FUXK HAIL RARGH!111ONEONE!",
Yeah. Pisses me off.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
I actually sort of like my stereotype as the prog metal guy. I'm friends with a bunch of musician type kids that play in just about every genre, and they always ask me to write lyrics for their songs.

So I listen to a song, write a melody, write the lyrics, then poof! Hot chicks.
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
The guitar player in my band is so wrong about metal. Any time I mention it he's like "rawrrr rawrr I'm a gorilla" or some bullshit.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
BAAAAAAAHHH....

You're not metal if you care what he thinks. Please never listen to metal again. Us metal fans would be a lot better off without idiots like the OP.
Quote by metal Lover
BAAAAAAAHHH....

You're not metal if you care what he thinks. Please never listen to metal again. Us metal fans would be a lot better off without idiots like the OP.

because in order to listen to a genre, we have to become that genre.
I Hate Metal. Probably My most hated genre.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Quote by thelurker
because in order to listen to a genre, we have to become that genre.

What like Metal Mario?

No, but people like the OP make the stereotype fester. If you act like you don't care, they won't bother.
Quote by hendrix4934

Zakk Wylde Wah...Suspic
I get called an emo alot, almost regardless of what I'm actually listening to at the time. If the song doesn't have a predominatly happy/light tone (or that completely hollow pop tone) and instead sounds a little more abrasive, people tend to just assume it's emo music. Which is strange because I thought most emos listened to radio friendly pop-punk with marginally more 'edgy' depressed lyrics than other bands.

Also can be hard to convice people that it's more than meaningless white noise, but I kind of understand where they're coming from because when I listen to alot of pop music I mostly just hear meaningless white noise. Different strokes for different blokes, I guess.
Quote by GodofCheesecake

I just look at them and go "RAAAH RAAAH RAWR RAAAARGH."
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by hendrix4934

Enemies of metal, your death is our reward!
triumphant victory when we bring the steel to life!

Deadly sinners
*gayass scream*
deadly sinners
*gayass scream*
deadly sinners
Quote by yurfinlfntsy

i told a girl i liked metral once and she was like "wow you seemed more...down to earth than that" or some bull****.

pissed me off. but she was hot so i didnt complain
Quote by djmay71
OMG

eddievh2, you are a genuis, and true man of action

damn right

Quote by Zugunruhe

or else, how good are you at drawing penises?

lulz
Quote by yurfinlfntsy

this band is total win \m/

some people are just ignorant about music, they cant appreciate the difficulty and skill it takes to play metal.