I thought it was a great idea to expand my interest in music beyond pop, rock, and blues.
I happened to bump into Ritchie Blackmore playing Greensleeves on his strat in a video in youtube.
I thought it was at the same time cool and beautiful.

I looked at the tabs and played it on overdrive.
It sounds great as expected, good enough for an mediocre performance.

But he's not the first one to do that, as Yngwie malmsteen covered chopin tracks while Hendrix played the Star Spangled Banner.

Have you attempted to play classical or any other music that isn't originally played by a guitar on your electric?

I'm looking foward to learn Bolero, a ballet composition by Maurice Revere.
Marty Friedman played The japanese anthem and I thought that I was cool, and I think it has a better melody than the American one, so I'm going to do that in the future.

If heavy metal is the only thing you play, just attempt it, it's pretty interesting.
My mate can play Joy by Johann Sebastian Bach on his Stratocaster.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
I figured out the melody to the Doctor Who theme a while ago...I've forgotten it now and I'm sure there are a few others I've done alone the way.

I'm also currently considering doing "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith entirely instrumentally so that would mean doing the vocal line on guitar...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Jan 10, 2009,
if you read sheet music, you can play just about anything on guitar. I play trumpet melodies in jazz songs on my guitar.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
never gonna give you up
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
It's not such a big deal, but on a few songs i play the vocal part on guitar. Mainly on Black Magic Woman. Sounds pretty cool.
I play a lot of things that are not on a guitar, on my guitar.
It is mostly video game music.

Some of the songs:
-Pokemon R/B/Y Title Screen music
-Earthbound Giygas Battle music
-Coldplay - Clocks (Piano part)
-Black Label Society - In This River (Piano part)
-NOFX - Murder the Government (Vocal part)
-Pirates of the Carribean theme
-Super Mario World song
-Super Mario Bros land theme
-MOTHER (Earthbound Zero) 8 Melodies
-Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Emerald Hill Zone
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
i love converting it to guitar, anything by niccolo paganini, anyone in the bach family, chopin, handel, etc.....

i love covering classical songs on the guitar, i think it sounds awesome as long as you put enough time and work into it
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
I play most of the vocal melodies to the songs I hear on the radio, my music library, tv whenever I have a guitar nearby. Never tried classical music besides Canon in D, Fur Elise and whatnot.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
I'd like to learn the double bass part of Drifen for the bass guitar...I had to play it in 8th grade on double bass and it sounds really nice...and of course theme songs and whatever...
Let It Be...using the tab on this site...lol
Quote by binary-ghost
i really wish i had pics to proove it... i just realized how immensely unbelievable this is but... i promise you... he was doing something to the dogs crotch with his face..
I arranged a version of Bach's Fugue in G Minor for an acoustic guitar ensemble. 'Twas fun.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by fretsonfire74
I appropriated Por ti Volare for guitar.

You have the tab for it?
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
I've attempted learning some of Paganini's solo caprices for the violin on guitar - however, they are quite difficult. Also, I've learned some stupid pop songs transcribed to guitar, i.e. funkytown, blue.. etc.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."